cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of over 10mb in Download speeds

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Loss of over 10mb in Download speeds

If you understood how FTTC works, then you would realise how the SNRM is going to be of little or no relevance.
Either way though, explain to us how the data is obtainble from Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If you understood how any form of xDSL worked then you'd understand that the actual SNRM will go up and down with the prevailing conditions of which all the data I've asked for will help to give a more complete picture.
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of your unhelpful interjections.  You used to be a very helpful poster at one time.
AndyH
Grafter

You've asked Chris to provide something that he cannot provide. He's done a line check and posted the sync speed. I am not sure what else you expect him to post which will be of any use.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Perhaps you could just desist from posting in this thread. I'll reply further when I'm not about to run out of mobile signal.
AndyH
Grafter

Thanks for letting us know and the advice.
Anyhow, to be clear - if the line was failing the GEA check, then Chris would have posted this. The data you've asked for is not available and the the sync speed has already been posted.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Andy is correct, the KBD testing does not show SNR results for fibre.
The test lists sync rates and the profile, along with whether a fault report is advised and a few other lines. SNR is not on there.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Chris last week i was getting speeds of 75Mbps now im getting speeds of 62Mbps why has my BT IP Profile gone down from over 77Mbps to 66.78Mbps, something has caused the drop. just because its still in the ridiculous range of speeds is irrelevant, the FACT is my speeds have dropped from 75Mbps to 62Mbps. Your not even bothered are you just admit it chris, i was conned into signing up for 2 years by someone that works for you making false claims of speeds he knew i wouldn't receive. And Andy H ive told you before can you please butt out of my thread or i will report you for being disruptive and argumentative. I don't know what you have against Anotherone but you always seem to butt into his posts.
Chris Matthew asked if the speed drop was effecting my internet usage, yes it is im having problems streaming things without getting the buffering.Why cant you ask BT/Openreach to check why my IP Profile has dropped from the speeds ive mentioned above.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

sadly your wasting your time you wont get a decent answer you will be simply told cross talk and that will be the end of it, i have been done this road a couple of times now and come to realise you might as well talk to a wall because you get more out that then you do out of plunest / btw / openreach.
unless your connection is well below the estimate  they couldn't care less what you currently have or what you had before, sad to see but that's the facts.
englishrick
Grafter

Join the list of many others with this problem(I'm one of them also).Crosstalk is the supposed blame this season!!!!! Last time I had this problem it was blamed on congestion...and tge time before I think was a problem at with equipment at a linked exchange.... Personnely I think it's all a load of bull.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Well mine is definitely not congestion because i have emails from Plusnet showing their correspondence with the relevant people stating that isn't the problem.The thing that gets me is this stupidly low speed estimates BTO/Plusnet rely on just to cover their @rses. You could have had near maximum speeds downstream/upstream but if your speeds drop to 40.1Mbps that's a massive drop of 36Mbps and they wont do a thing, because it fits in their ridiculously low speed estimates.
Estragon
Rising Star

You'll probably find the estimate has dropped as well. That's what Openreach do now :(.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Probably true this crappy low speed estimate of theirs is ridiculous and it covers theirs and Plusnet's backs.