cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing SSID wifi network

simiejh

Losing SSID wifi network

I've been up and running for a week. 3 times now I have lost internet on all my devices and am finding the reason is that my whole Plusnet wifi network has simply disappeared from the list of available networks. The router still appears to be running with a solid blue light, but no network itself has simply disappeared! This is starting to get frustrating. Is this a hardware fault with my router? I have to restart it to get the network to reappear. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Losing SSID wifi network

Hi @simiejh,

I've taken a look into this issue today and I can see that your connection does appear to have infrequently dropped out over the last few days, as can be seen below.

From our end of things it's hard to tell if this is the issue that you're reporting or if this is down to you rebooting the router and so my first question would be if your rebooting of the router lines up with the times the connection has dropped out in the graph above?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
simiejh

Hi - thanks for the reply. Some of those moments highlighted reflect my reboots of the system, but I have only done that 3 times, so don't know what the other blips are. Is the dropping of the internet connection causing my network to disappear? 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

HI @simiejh

Thanks for coming back to us - the information you've confirmed regarding reboots matches up with the drops in your connection bar one or two unrelated drops.

At this stage I'd recommend monitoring the connection and if the drops reoccur, taking a look at the troubleshooting here. If following the TS doesn't resolve the issue, feel free to raise a fault here and we'll take a look in more depth for you.

Best wishes,

Dave