cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet! Orange bar, flashing b!

leeemerick

No Internet! Orange bar, flashing b!

My broadband has been yesterday evening and I've tried everything I can find. I've done the reset button, I've turned it off and left it for a while, I plugged it into the master socket and then removed the front of that and plugged it into the test socket and I've checked that all the wires are connected properly / replaced microfilter. No dial tone on phone but it may be broken. I've factory reset router, entered username and password as per guide but doesn't attempt to connect, help! Kids home again tonight and will kill me!
6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: No Internet! Orange bar, flashing b!

No dial tone would indicate a faulty line, which you will need to get fixed before your broadband will work.

Have you reported a fault?

leeemerick

Fault reported, line test indicated line working. But not getting anything through. So either phone broke and something else stopping broadband or line is broke
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@leeemerick

By the looks of it you spoke to someone earlier who's arranged a phone engineer to attend. Before that engineer visit I'd either test the line with another phone or plug your phone into a known working line (a neighbour/family member) just to rule the handset out of causing an issue.

leeemerick

Yeah, will double check phone tomorrow. Spoke to another technical guy but couldn't get anything from the router, tried lots of stuff. Also found BT had scheduled downtime in my area but should have been resolved. Something off somewhere....
leeemerick

Phone definitely works. Tested at mother in laws and works fine. Still not working at home, just some quiet noise, no tone
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sounds like this needs an engineer to investigate further, let us know how the appointment goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet