Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line speed just halved

FIXED
Ashridge
Dabbler

Line speed just halved

Noticed my vdsl connection was running a bit slow so I checked my router and saw the speed has dropped from 80mb down / 20mb up to 30mb down and 5mb up. In the diagnostics it show the attainable speed is 30/5 and it used to be 80/20. Any chance somebody could check the line or make sure the port is not throttled.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Line speed just halved

Thanks for your post @Ashridge

I'm sorry to see your speed has dropped. I've tested your line tonight and the tests are showing a couple of issues we'd need to arrange an Openreach engineer to investigate further and resolve. 

Can you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'd be available for a visit?

If you can post back when you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ashridge
Dabbler

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, I've updated the ticket.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem @Ashridge

I can see we've got you an engineer booked in and we've updated the ticket with the appointment details.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ashridge
Dabbler

Engineer has just been an fixed it, was broken cable in the street box. Everything is now running at full speed. Many thanks for such a speedy resolution. I've updated the ticket.

Ashridge
Dabbler

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Ashridge

Excellent! I'm glad to see the engineer was able to identify and fix the fault to restore your speeds.

Feel free to let me know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet