Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping/router restarting itself

Jamesbowen123
Dabbler

Internet dropping/router restarting itself

Hi,

I called technical support about 2 days ago regarding my internet dropping out a few times (about 4 times) on Sunday day and night. They ran some tests and said it looked fine. I was told I would receive a callback at 2pm the same day (which never happened), to see if it had dropped again. 

I hadn't had any dropouts Monday but Tuesday my fibre speeds were around 3mbps so I had to restart my router. 

Just now (17/10/2018 around 7:25pm) my internet dropped. I checked my router and the power light was flashing orange, it then went solid orange with a solid broadband light and then to blue. This leads me to believe my internet isn't dropping but rather my router is restarting itself automatically. is this correct?

It's becoming quite a nuisance. What can be done to resolve this?

Thanks,

James. 

3 REPLIES 3
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Internet dropping/router restarting itself

Hi @Jamesbowen123 ,

Thanks for your post.

I've checked into your line and we have detected an issue, so I've raised it to our faults team for further investigation.

Our suppliers usually get back to us within 72 hours of us raising a fault with them. If you haven't heard anything by Monday afternoon, please drop us a message so that we can chase it up for you.

If you need anything in the meantime, as always, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Jamesbowen123
Dabbler

@OskarPapa can you check the status of this? as since i have been home from 5:30pm the internet has been off more than on and its getting quite frustrating at this point
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Jamesbowen123 

I've looked into this and updated the fault ticket on your account. 

Click here to view this. 

Thanks

MoR