cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping out

akeegan90
Grafter

Re: Internet dropping out

Apologies - hard wired as in to the mains electric so I don't have to keep charging it.

All due respect but I'm not "new" to wifi/internet issues. I have a third party router as it gave me better wifi coverage than the plusnet one (I also had a modified plusnet one which was sent out to me last time I had connection issues), my router is up high in the centre of my house away from all other electronic devices, I have it set to auto select wifi channel including 12 and 13 and it uses both 2.4ghz and 5ghz, firmware is all up to date also.

I understand you may be pointing towards wifi but that alone doesn't explain the network dropping, that is an ISP/Line issue as even if my devices were connected via rj45 cable then they would still be disconnected due to the network loss.

Apologies if this sounds rude, it really wasn't meant to!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problem, from the graph in the last 10 days your broadband has dropped mainly overnight and once Monday night with no drops in the last 2 days. Are you seeing your devices drop more times than this? 

If that answer’s no, then it’s hard to mount an investigation, because unless our testing shows a fault, our suppliers consider an intermittent connection to be 3 drops within the last 24 hours or 6 drops within 72 hours. 

If the answer’s yes though, I’d say that the additional drops are more closer to home as neither your router logs or our logs show drops outside of those times (not counting the drop you’ve had this afternoon showing in your router’s log after I posted the graph of your connection)

Do you have a laptop you can plug into the router using a cable you can check when your wireless device next drops out (and your router log doesn’t show a DSL or PPP drop)? That’ll help to get to the bottom of things. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
akeegan90
Grafter

The answer would have to be a no, I've not personally witnessed any drops. It wasn't until checking the dsl log and happened to notice a couple of drops over the weekend on there, my log only shows a few days so it's not extensive data just what I had seen and wondered if that was "normal" or if it was more persistent from what you could see your end that I wasn't able to see from my log.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Ah OK no problem, makes sense. Smiley

I’d keep an eye on things because your download speed is artificially restricted and that should be sorted over the next few days, perhaps into next week due to Christmas, as there’s normally an underlying issue behind that. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
akeegan90
Grafter

I will keep an eye on it and report back in due course.

Thank you for your time
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Cool. No problem. Merry Christmas Smiley