cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet download speed at 3.68mbps, meant to be 36mbps. Can't download anything.

chariot

Internet download speed at 3.68mbps, meant to be 36mbps. Can't download anything.

So we had Fibre installed the other week as we were using Sky Broadband before but decided to switch over the plusnet as it was cheaper. But it has been absolutely horrendous. Downloads that normally would take 1 hour were showing up as 40 hours and most would just stop downloading a few minutes in. It's making it impossible to download even the smallest files. Fibre was advertised as 36mbps average but I have yet to get over 7. Can someone please help. I've tried a wired connection and resetting, etc, but its still around 3-7 mbps at any given time. A attached a screenshot of a speed test I just did.

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Internet download speed at 3.68mbps, meant to be 36mbps. Can't download anything.

Hi @chariot,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with the speed and performance of your broadband since moving over to us. Thank you for confirming that this issue is also affecting wireless connections.

I'd like to run some tests on your line to try and get to the bottom of what's causing this, but I've been unable to find your account from your forum details. Please can you send me your account username via private message?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team