Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet constant drops. Please will somebody get back to me about this

smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Internet constant drops. Please will somebody get back to me about this

Problems started on April 20th with dropouts, I spoke to [CSA Removed] about this and openreach were moving me onto the new cabinet much closer on the 24th of April so I waited to see if this fixed the problem but the move to the new cabinet was delayed until the 15th May. This was a new PEW for the 15th but they sent someone out to fix my fault which did improve it a little but the openrech guy said I would have problems until I was moved onto the new cabinet as the old cab is a long way from me. The 15th of May came and went and still no move to the new cab, If you look at question #172900484 it says towards the bottom that I would be on the new cab by the 15th May and I even have a text from you ensuring I would be transferred to the new cab. Well it is now the 17th of August and I am still on the old cabinet and am now getting dropouts at a rate of 12 or more a day but what is worse than anything is that everyone around me is now on the NEW cab and getting 60 plus Meg and I am stuck on 8 Meg and the only person around who is still on the old cab. I have my phone with you, my fibre with you and plusnet tv from you which is now unwatchable a lot of the time as last night it was so bad I couldn't even watch a recording because of the internet disconnecting and it saying they wouldnt play because of an internet problem. Please please please could you look into this as I love plusnet but it is now getting to the point where it is not fit for purpose, I am just hopeing when the cab move was delayed somone forgot to re-book it or some other minor mishap but it needs sorting now as It is rubbing salt in the wounds when everyone around me has great fibre and I am stook on 8 or 9 meg. Every time I get a fault the fibre gets a little slower and never recovers completely. Sorry to go on a bit but it has been going on too long now and I just want a decent connection. Many thanks in advance for your help in this matter. Mike...

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

2 REPLIES 2
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Internet constant drops. Please will somebody get back to me about this

@smithcomputers,

Thanks for getting in touch! I've had a look at your account, specifically the ticket reference you've provided and found the sections where it mentions the new cab move. To move this forward for you I'm having to create a new ticket on your account - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=181181895. This is required because to get the work completed we need a new fault open to speak to our suppliers.

Initially we have to let it go through the automated testing but we'll move the ticket to be monitored by us on the community to make sure it all completes as it should. 

I'm going to get in touch with BT Wholesale and try and immediately raise an escalation to see if we can just get this done for you as quickly as possible, but there is a chance they may want to send an engineer to confirm it can be done, and then probably another engineer to actually do the work. 

I've updated the ticket with as much details as I can provide but I doubt we'll have an escalation update until tomorrow, and BT Wholesale may reject it as no actual activity has occurred on the fault. If this happens then we'll have to go down engineer route, failure to complete actions and then another escalation.

It's worth noting that this is not something that will happen overnight, it might take a number of weeks to rectify and there will be little that we can do to get it done any quicker, so please be prepared for that but we'll try and make it as quick and painless as possible. 

smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Internet constant drops. Please will somebody get back to me about this

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly it is very much appreciated, I do appreciate it could take some time to sort this and  I am very prepared for this but at least now the ball is rolling as such. Many thanks in advance for getting this sorted. Mike..