cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting very slow Internet.

Harmless1
Dabbler

I am getting very slow Internet.

Lately I am having big problems with my Internet connection. My connection speed must be about 60-75 mbps but I am only getting 4.86mbps download speed. And also I can't use extender wifi properly for Netflix steaming. Comes up with error code. Not possible the play anything on Netflix.
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: I am getting very slow Internet.

@Harmless1 You should have posted this on the 'Fibre' board - I will ask the mods to move it. It sounds like you have a problem so:-

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Harmless1 - I've just been running some line tests which are showing signs of a "high resistance cable fault" I've opened a ticket on your account here advising what we need to do next: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222380373

Let me know on here when you've responded and I'll follow thing up with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team