cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband constantly dropping

benjbheath

Fibre broadband constantly dropping

Hi Team,

Since Thursday/Friday my fibre broadband has been dropping constantly, hub goes orange with broadband symbol multiple times an hour (sometimes every 10 mins) - basically unusable for work or streaming.

Initially assumed it was something to do with the bad weather, but not seen any improvement over the weekend..

PN Hub is about 6 years old and my contract ends soon, funnily enough the issues started shortly after my contract ends soon txt alert.

Help Appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Fibre broadband constantly dropping

@benjbheath Welcome to the forums. No doubt the PN Help Team will get on this fairly soon, but if you provide the details requested below, maybe other Community members could offer suggestions, and they may help the Help Team.

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre broadband constantly dropping

Hi @benjbheath I'm really sorry about the issue with disconnections that you're seeing. I've just checked your account and can see you've reported a fault this morning, thanks for that and we'll be back in touch with an update within the next day or two. Please feel free to reply back here in the meantime though if you need to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team