cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have plusnet hub 2 but cannot connect to jvc smart tv

Njarrett

Have plusnet hub 2 but cannot connect to jvc smart tv

I’m a new Plusnet customer and I’ve been set up with the Plusnet Hub 2 router.
All tablets and phones have connected great to the WiFi but my smart TV will not.
I’ve turned off the router, waited 60 seconds and turned back on, tried again and nothing.
The tv picks up 2 WiFi signals with the same WiFi name but one has 5GHz at the end, I have tried logging into both but no joy.
I’ve triple checked the password I’m putting in and that’s correct.
Do I need to ask to receive a different router?
I’ve tried splitting the ratios, 2.4Ghz from 5Ghz but there is no option to do this when I log into my router via IP address and admin password.
I’ve seen on plusnet website that you cannot split WiFi bands/SSID which I’m guessing is the 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
I may sound like i know what I’m talking about (I really don’t) this is just all things I’ve been told to try.
Help
1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Have plusnet hub 2 but cannot connect to jvc smart tv

@Njarrett  Welcome to the forum.

A few things to try.

First look through the TV network settings and see if there’s a reset option. If so try that. Alternatively try a full reset on the TV. Unless the TV is amending the SSID name the addition of 5GHz is a mystery, it is not being transmitted by a Hub 2.

If that fails try logging in to the hub advanced wireless settings and switching off one or other of the bands.

Finally is there an option in the TV settings to connect using WPS?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'