cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband

JRN58

Slow Broadband

I renewed my Broadband/Phone package at the beginning of December 2021.

I have just recently installed my new latest router. (also, I received another one, which I need to return).  I have noticed that my contract is not the same as it was before renewal, it is a different contract.  Clearly, there has been an error somewhere and I would like to have it made correct to the Unlimited Broadband Plus with anytime calls.

After doing speed tests on Ookla and your own speedtester, my download speed has dropped from 46mbps (pre-renewal) to 36mbps and upload from 11mbp2 to 9mbps.  In fact, not in the too far distant past I was constantly getting 50+mbps download speeds.  I do have records to prove this.

I have been a loyal Plusnet customer for well over 10 (ten) years and if I remember correctly, I was told by a member of staff that I was one of the longest serving customers.

I don't wish to change Plusnet and wherever and by whom the error was made (including myself) I would like to have it back please.

If this is not the correct place please pass it on to the appropriate department.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Slow Broadband

:)Hello @JRN58

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear hear that you're having issues here. The upgrade of your service to Unlimited Fibre Extra only just completed today, so you'll soon find that your speeds increase to between 42 - 47Mbps as stated on your new contract. Though to be honest, I've just run a speed test from our end and can see that the line is syncing at 52.0 Mbps Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds