cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre

Vicky87

Fibre

I am supposed to be going live with fibre extra today but as yet had no confirmation only the email to say we would switch over from ultd broadband to fibre extra today 28/08/2020.
7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Fibre

@Vicky87 

If you are moving from ADSL to fibre and currently have a Plusnet Hub Zero (2704N) modem/router then you will need a Hub One modem/router. Has one been sent to you?

It's possible that your changeover date has been delayed due to the unavailability of Openreach technicians and that Plusnet have failed to advise you ouf the delay.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Vicky87

I have a service notice saying that the broadband service is being transfered to the 21c network this will be completed by midnight on the 4th /09/2020. So will this be when my fibre will start as I have just rang and said they are 10 days behind due to covid . So I can take it that's why my router has arrived yet .
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Vicky87 

No, this is just a transfer to a faster standard broadband infrastructure probably because of an upgrade in the exchange. Hopefully it is just a coincidence that it's happening at the present time.

Your new Hub is not sent until a few days before your go live day.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Vicky87 That message about 21CN is nonsense spewed out by Plusnet's system to cause confusion. I had a similar message when I first upgraded to fibre some years ago. So it probably does relate to the upgrade but the text is totally wrong. Let's hope that the date is correct. It actually means up to midnight on the 3rd of Sept i.e. sometime on the 3rd, even more confusion.

In my case my upgrade failed and didn't happen until a couple of months later because Openreach had neglected to connect the fibre link at the exchange. Hope you don't suffer a delay of that magnitude.😁

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @Vicky87

I've checked your account and I can confirm the upgrade is due to go ahead on the 3rd of September

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Vicky87

Hi thanks for getting back in touch will my router be sent out In the post then and recieve it by 3rd?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Vicky87

The router has been ordered and should be with you in time

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team