cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre dropped out

Bucketinabag
Grafter

Fibre dropped out

My internet dropped out this morning, about 8am and hasn't come back on since. The DSL light on the modem is off and all the resetting and troubleshooting hasn't done anything! Help, I have a 3 year old with chickenpox in the house and could really do with being able to let her watch some Disney!
29 REPLIES 29
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Fibre dropped out

@Bucketinabag Which Hub do you have, and what colour are any remaining lights?

John
Bucketinabag
Grafter

I have a Hub One, the light in the front is orange/red none of the fault lights are showing and the DSL light on the modem that supplies it is off completely
jab1
Legend

@Bucketinabag The Hub1 is a combined modem/router, why do you have another modem?

Can you post the Help Desk from the Hub1?

John
Bucketinabag
Grafter

I had the Hub One as a replacement for a broken router, I put it in the same way, DSL to modem, modem to Hub via WLAN. Is that incorrect? What do you mean by help desk?
jab1
Legend

OK, that kind of explains it - I think. As a combined modem/router it is recommended to plug the Hub1 direct into the main phone socket - via a filter if you only have the old-style phone socket with one 'hole'.

Help Desk - see picture below.  Is your phone line silent if you dial 17070, option2?

HubOneTroubleshootingHelpDesk.png

John
Bucketinabag
Grafter

I've removed the modem, now the main light is orange and the broadband light is flashing red
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Bucketinabag 

Report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

Your firmware is out of date probably because you have incorrectly been still using the modem. This should get updated now automatically. This will not have affected this fault. Note that the DSL cable should be plugged in to the hub DSL socket, not the WAN one.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Thanks @Baldrick1 . Difficult to really determine the issue when you only get part of the story, though.

Does the DSL cable even fit the WAN socket?

John
Bucketinabag
Grafter

Thanks guys, everything is now set up as it should be and no it only fits the correct socket. On that number you asked me to call the line was silent, yes. I can't connect to the hub to get the help desk to work, I can see it and it says connected on my phone but I can't log in using the IP...
Bucketinabag
Grafter

Light is orange, DSL is flashing red light
jab1
Legend

You should be able to access the Hub if you type 192.168.1.254 into the ADDRESS bar of your phone/computer. I suggest you follow this::-

Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.

On the Home page under My Services you will see the current Broadband Username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it has not been configured by PlusNet authorisation systems.

First try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and hold the switch closed for at least 20 seconds, the LED should turn green and then release

Leave the Hub One for around 10 minutes and check Home page for correct Broadband Username <your username>@plusdsl.net

If it still shows setup@plusdsl.net follow these steps.

Navigate from the Home page to >Advanced settings (you will be required to enter the Hub One admin password this found on bottom of the Hub or card with WiFi password).
Click on Continue to Advanced Settings then >Broadband >Internet

This page details your broadband Internet Connection Configuration.

Click on disconnect, if this does not work it may be necessary to remove the DSL cable.
Enter your correct username <your username>@plusdsl.net and password.
Plug in DSL cable (if removed) and click on Connect
Check your Hub One has logged on to the correct Broadband Username

John
Bucketinabag
Grafter

Hi, thank again. I'm still getting the same results. I went through these steps and the user name was correct throughout. I'm very confused at this point. It's almost like it's acting as if there's no cable connected...

Screenshot_20220212-120932.png

jab1
Legend

@Bucketinabag Looking at that last picture, you have got some wires crossed somewhere. The grey cable should be plugged one end into your phone socket (via a filter if you don't have a socket with dedicated phone and internet connectors), and the other into the grey socket on the Hub.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Bucketinabag 

It looks like your hub is still in router mode.

Do a factory reset by pushing a paperclip or similar in the hub reset hole. Keep the switch closed for about 30 seconds. It will then take several minutes to set itself up from scratch.

If after this it’s no different then as I wrote earlier, report a fault at https://faults.plus.net.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'