cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre connection dropping & slow speeds

Pete1971
Dabbler

Re: Fibre connection dropping & slow speeds

Yes it seems to have stabilised thankfully. Not sure of speeds yet but hopefully I can test over the weekend.
Pete1971
Dabbler

Spoke too soon....
Connection lost again tonight at approx 21.55, exactly same as when first reported. Clearly this problem has not been solved and should not have been closed by the supplier?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

That's disappointing. Line tests are showing another fault "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network." so I've re-raised the fault report with our suppliers. The escalation I raised is still open so I'll make sure this is escalated higher up to Team Leader level. We'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pete1971
Dabbler

Unfortunately this issue has still not been resolved despite numerous engineer call outs.  All wiring/cabling has been replaced from outside my property to inside, including a new master socket, and a new port was provided at the cabinet.  The last 2 engineer visits have produced no faults on the line and they have both suggested nothing else can be done and perhaps I have a faulty router, could this not be tried as another test? The last engineer visited on Tuesday 14/08/18 and I have been contacted again today to arrange another engineer visit which I do not want to agree to as I have had at least 5 or 6 already. If this is not resolved soon I will have to look at getting my contract terminated as this cannot continue, would this be possible without incurring a charge given I have not been receiving the service i have been paying for?  I have not had any problems previously, this only strted when I switched to plusnet, which is strange given the same line is used.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Pete1971, I am really sorry to hear this is still ongoing. It looks like the drops have still been quite frequent since the last engineer visit.

I have sent out a replacement router which should be with you at some point early next week. I think at this point it is worth trying to eliminate it as the cause and we will take it from there.

If you could please get back to us when the router arrives and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete1971
Dabbler

Thanks, still no sign of the router....sent by Royal Mail I assume? I'll advise once I (hopefully) receive it.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Pete1971

I am really sorry you haven't received the router yet.

These are sent through Royal Mail and usually should be with you within 5 working days.

I would advise there was a slight delay in delivery earlier this week so may be a little late but should be there soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Pete1971
Dabbler

New router installed for a few weeks now, connection still seems to dropping, especially if connected to a few devices at a time or streaming a film, has this been monitored by Plusnet?.  Question #177585504 was automatically closed due to inactivity, but I (wrongly) assumed Plusnet would continue to run tests on my line and update me accordingly.  It is not great that a call is closed without checking with the customer first, or indeed checking to see if the problem has been resolved.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Pete1971,

I'm sorry to hear that your connection is still dropping and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

I've checked and the ticket automatically closed after 14 days as it was escalated to you when the new router was sent so that you could get in touch if the new router didn't resolve the issue. I'm sorry that you weren't made aware of this and I'll pass on feedback.

I've reopened the ticket now and have added an update regarding the fault - as this is account specific information you can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete1971
Dabbler

Unfortunately an engineer was unable to detect a problem externally(again) and requested yet another visit to my premises (lost count of visits!) and due to the amount of time I had already taken off work an appointment was arranged for Saturday 15th Sept between 8.00 & 13.00.  No engineer called, no contact was received despite having my mobile number.  This call was first raised on 26th June and is no nearer to being resolved, I find this quite unbelievable....

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Pete1971

I'm so sorry to hear this. 

I have contacted out supplier and raised he question as to why this happened. 

Please review my ticket here which contains their explanation and our next steps. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR