cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband speed low

lisa79
Hooked

Fibre broadband speed low

We upgraded recently to Fibre and the change over happened on the 17th Feb.

The speed we are getting isn't any better than when we were on standard broadband. On occasion it is worse. Plusnet have said our guaranteed download would be around 29.2MB. We are getting no where near that.

What can I do about this? 

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Fibre broadband speed low

@lisa79 No doubt the Help Team will pick this up, but if you want help from the Community, we need a little more information (as does the Help Team).

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
lisa79
Hooked

Hi

I've attached the 2 images. 

My welcome email stated the below - Unlimited Fibre has an average speed of 36Mb download and 9Mb upload.
At peak times, we estimate that you'll get the following speeds on your line:
Download: 38 - 40Mb
Upload: 8 - 10Mb
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 29.2Mb
Your Minimum Guaranteed Speed is an important number, find out more about what it means in our guide.
Here are some additional off-peak speed estimates for your line:
Maximum download speed: 40Mb, Minimum upload speed: 8Mb, Maximum upload speed: 10Mb

lisa79
Hooked

Here is the other file. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@lisa79  You appear to be on ADSL not fibre.

Seems the upgrade has not yet happened.

lisa79
Hooked

Thanks, I did wonder if we hadn't been switched over yet. 

It was suppose to happen on the 11th Feb and in a post I put on the forum chasing up my new hub delivery I was told by a Plusnet employee the date had changed to the 17th Feb.

Guessing it still hasn't happened yet for some reason. 

Not very good communication. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

With luck, one of the CS staff will come along and provide an update.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @lisa79

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry about this, and for the lack of communication on the account itself. While we did expect the order to upgrade your service to FTTC to complete on 17/02/2022, Openreach did then encounter a delay when "triggering the KCI3" - this basically means completing the order in their internal applications. 

I've just had a word with them this afternoon and have been advised that while the physical work has been completed, the notification of completion has not been triggered, which leaves the order open. While the order is open on our suppliers side, the product change remains incomplete on ours, hence you're not getting FTTC speeds yet. 

I've been advised that this has been raised with the relevant department on their end, and are expecting the matter to be resolved by 01/03/2022. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused here. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds