Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband connection lost

123Bananas
Dabbler

Fibre broadband connection lost

Hi,
Last night the connection in our flat dropped out and we now have an orange light on the router. I have tried putting the password in through the hub manager again and still could not connect. I tried to use the reset button as well but that just returned the setup@plusdsl.net username rather than my own. This issue seems very similar to the issue I had a few weeks ago that was fixed and apart from a few dropped connections has been working fine since.
Thanks
19 REPLIES 19
Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Fibre broadband connection lost

Hi there, Sorry to hear of the issues that you are having and appreciate the information that you have provided. Since we are dealing with account specific information I have raised a ticket on your account which you can find here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
123Bananas
Dabbler

Hi, I've replied to the ticket
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just sent a further response to the ticket. Feel free to drop us a reply back here if you need to get our attention. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
123Bananas
Dabbler

Hi,

I haven't had a response to the ticket for a few days now, the internet is still down. Can I get an update on this?

Thanks

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @123Bananas, I am sorry that the issue is still occurring. The line is still testing OK and isn't showing any attempts to connect. If you are still unable to manually input the details to connect, can you report the fault here: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults and let us know once you've done this so we can get it picked up for you. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
123Bananas
Dabbler

Hi,

It still would not connect with the correct information input so I have raised a fault there, however it asked about the phone line. We do not have a phone in the flat so we could not test this part of the troubleshooting so I mentioned this on the notes about the fault.

Thanks

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @123Bananas

By putting down that there is no dial tone, it flagged this up as a phone fault. I have now cleared this for you as I am finding no error on the phone line. Can you please run through it again, but this time when you get to the phone question, select that you can hear the dial tone fine. No dial tone means that the phone line isn't connected at all, not that you don't have a phone.

Let us know once again when you have done this.

123Bananas
Dabbler

Hi, it is now asking about a modem but gives no option for not having a modem, our plusnet hub is connected directly to the socket

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @123Bananas,

I'm sorry that the report a fault link is asking you to try connecting directly to the modem despite you having an all-in-one router that doesn't require a separate modem. I'll flag this up internally as we ought to have a "my router doesn't need a modem" option. Please can you select the option that says that you've connected directly to the modem and this hasn't resolved the issue as this will allow you to progress the fault further.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
123Bananas
Dabbler

Great thanks, I have filled in the rest of the fault report as best I can. Hopefully I've provided all the information required?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

I really can't believe some of the PN CSC advice on here! The very first check should be to make sure that dial tone is being received and that it is quiet when dialling 17070 option 2. A cheap corded phone costs around £5 from Argos or your preferred retailer.

@123Bananas if you don't have a corded phone, could you not at least borrow one from a neighbour? 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @123Bananas

Thank you for submitting the troubleshooter and please accept my apologies for the issue with your service.

I have updated the fault ticket on your account with regards to booking an engineers visit, you can access here. It appears the router is gaining a signal from the exchange however, the details are not reaching our authentication server.

Once you have replied to the ticket, please reply here so we can pick this up for you.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
123Bananas
Dabbler

Hi 

I've replied to the ticket.

Thanks

123Bananas
Dabbler

Hi @Mustrum

I guess either of those would be an option if it is still required, thanks for the advice Smiley