cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade - not happened but Current Speed on Plusnet says 80Mbps!

FIXED
miket
Dabbler

Re: Fibre Upgrade - not happened but Current Speed on Plusnet says 80Mbps!

This happened to me as well.

Placed an order for an upgrade to Fibre from ADSL on 12th July.  Was quoted 19th July (today) for the upgrade date.

This morning I received an email stating that the product upgrade was complete, with the expected download speed of 59Mbps to 79Mbps.

However, the broadband is still on ADSL, so I contacted Plusnet Support, who told me that something went wrong with the fibre order and they would have to raise a new fibre order, with a new delivery date of 31st July - a further 12 days!

Plusnet Support say they "cannot" escalate the order as it depends on Openreach engineer availability, and didn't seem that apologetic.  They did say the billing would be corrected when the service is finally delivered - which is the least they can do, considering the bad customer experience.

There are two really basic mistakes here:

1. There seems to be a lack of order assurance process, i.e. checking that all details are correct before placing the fibre order with Openreach, and then checking that Openreach have acknowledged it.

2. Checking that the service has actually been activated before activating the billing on the account.

Lesson for Plusnet customers like me - after ordering a Fibre upgrade from Plusnet, ring them the next day to check that the order is progressing.

Mike