cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing bad latency, low download speeds and disconnects for the last month

davidmarshall15
Hooked

Experiencing bad latency, low download speeds and disconnects for the last month

Hello,

I would appreciate it if someone could test my line, the service is unacceptable.
I am out of contract and I have extremely fast Three 4g on my doorstep.

A line test and possible resolution to the issue will help in my decision as to what I do next with broadband.

Thank You
David

5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Experiencing bad latency, low download speeds and disconnects for the last month

Hello @davidmarshall15,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Sorry to read you are having trouble with download speeds & drops in connection, please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustration caused.

I've ran a couple of tests over your service today, it appears your speed is below the estimates for your service & the drops in connection are frequent. I would suggest following our troubleshooting guide here first, if that doesn't work please get your connection plugged into the test socket and monitor the connection for a day or so. If you still notice drops in connection after that please raise a fault here  and let us know here once done. 

Thank you.

davidmarshall15
Hooked

Re: Experiencing bad latency, low download speeds and disconnects for the last month

I have tried 3 filters connected to the test socket behind the faceplate of the master socket, 2 BT Mf 50's and 1 generic brand. No joy with any of the filters.

I have raised a fault.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for getting back to us @davidmarshall15 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. I can see we've passed the fault onto our suppliers and we've been advised an engineer should be going out by 08/01/20 23:59:59 to investigate further externally.

Let us know how things go over the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davidmarshall15
Hooked

Hello,

Open Reach have found and fixed a fault, the line is now stable but the speeds are still slow, can someone please reset the profile on this line.

Thanks

David

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

All done - Disconnect from the broadband and re-connect and you'll be getting the full speeds.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team