Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM on my line or?

mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: DLM on my line or?

Hurray!  Cheesy
Maybe I will get an apology from them that told me I was talking rubbish is due.....
Grin
I mean... c'mon.... the evidence against them isn't half piling up!
darklight
Grafter

My nice ping is down thanks to the HUAWEI HG612, all working great, and speed still holding up

mlmclaren
Grafter

very good  Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

fingers crossed @darklight, have you managed to get into the HG612 stats yet?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
darklight
Grafter

Not sure how, but i think i need to use the second port on the modem to my router am i right? i think the web interface may conflict with my asus router because it uses 192.168.1.1 same as the modem.
w23
Pro

Sorry, I think you're corect but it's so long since I did this that I've forgoten.
This site was my original point of reference and I think all the relevant info is there: https://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com (though you may need to scroll down a fair bit since I think lots has been added since I used it).
Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: darklight
Not sure how, but i think i need to use the second port on the modem to my router am i right? i think the web interface may conflict with my asus router because it uses 192.168.1.1 same as the modem.

Sorry I forgot to reply last night.. did you manage to sort the modem OK?
I can give you step by step instructions to help you access the web gui of the HG612 and also change the HG612's IP address so that it is accessable off your network and not conflicting with you router!
Let me know  Smiley
darklight
Grafter

please do mlmclaren
mlmclaren
Grafter

OK.
To access the HG612 Web GUI & Change the Lan IP address, you will need to do the following.
1. Configure your PC's LAN IP to 192.168.1.101 (Below is a picture of what your IP config should look like)

2. Connect your HG612 Modem to your PC using Lan 2 on the modem.
3. On your PC navigate to 192.168.1.1 using your preferred browser.
4. You should now see a login screen asking for a username and password, use admin for both Username & Password.
  (If you don't see a login screen, be sure that you installed the "Web GUI" version of firmware and not just the unlocked version on your modem)
5.Once Logged in, Locate Basic in the side menu click this and then Click Lan in the sub menu.
  (You should see the following)

6. Change the IP Address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.100 (Assure this IP is not in use on your network, If it is then choose an alternative that isn't, Eg. 192.168.1.200.) then click submit.
7. Now try navigating to the new IP address that you have just assigned your modem and you should see the login screen.
8. If this has been successful then you can now connect LAN 1 to your routers WAN and LAN 2 to your Routers LAN and all devices on your network should be able to navigate and access the modems Web GUI from the new modem IP: 192.168.1.100.
If you have any issues come back and I will do my best to assist.
darklight
Grafter

Already changed my PC's lan IP before now it's 192.168.1.224, so i don't think i need to change that, do i need to change the default gateway? don't think i do.
w23
Pro

If I recall correctly, you need to have a laptop/pc completely disconnected from your router / current network, you then set the default gateway to 192.168.1.1 and connect only to the HG612, this should allow you to make any necessary changes - note as soon as the new modem IP address is changed you'll loose connection until you change the default gateway to the new value but once it's set up you can just connect the second ethernet port to your network and access the GUI via that IP address (hope that makes sense and that my memory isn't failing too much).
Call me 'w23'
mlmclaren
Grafter

What are you current settings for
IP Address: ***.***.***.***
Subnet Mask: ***.***.***.***
Default Gateway: ***.***.***.***
Default Gateway should be: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask Needs to be: 255.255.255.0
If you have already configured your LAN manually from your current network then, yes its possible everything could work fine.
darklight
Grafter

@w23 so if i connect my laptop to my modem lan port 2, i'll need to disable my wifi on my laptop, so it doesn't connect to my network am i right then, and if i then change the ip of the modem would it reboot itself because i already have it running through into my router i don't wanna disturb my connection my the street cabinet and bring back DLM.
oh another thing won't my router lose connection to the modem if i change the ip in the modem.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Yes disable WiFi or even turn off router for the time being, the modem restarting once or twice shouldn't have much effect on the DLM as it looks for errors, changing the IP on the modem only affects LAN port 2 as LAN 1 is bridged to the WAN on the modem so it can pass information to your router.
nigel1971
Grafter

makes you think if mine is dlm'd  Angry