Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost to Leave Plusnet

Lou28
Hooked

Cost to Leave Plusnet

Hello, I am looking to leave plusnet.

As since moving house in Nov 2020 I have had nothing but problems - which first started with my order not being processed so I was without broadband for 6 weeks and then being charged Fibre Broadband but not being set up on this package and now the cost for Fibre Broad band - which doesn't work all the time is appalling. So I have had enough!!!

Can you please advise what the charge would be, as my contract I believe is due to end in May 2022 and want to get the ball rolling.

Kind regards

Lou

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Cost to Leave Plusnet

Thanks for your post @Lou28

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with our service and you're wanting to leave. 

I've dropped you an email to confirm your current termination fee if you were to cancel today. I've also looked into your bills and included a response about that which I hope helps. You can view the email online as a ticket Here though you won't be able to respond to the ticket but let me know here if you've got further queries (feel free to private message me)

Regarding your connection, I've tested your line today and the tests are showing your connection's stable but your router's only getting 18mbps which is below the estimated speed range for your line of between 39mbps to 54mbps.

Our tests aren't showing the cause for your slow speeds, but in an effort to try to bring them up I've arranged for your line to be reset which should go through within 3 working days. If you're still having issues afterwards, feel free to let us know as we may need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@Lou28 

Unless your house is also served by Virgin Media or one of the smaller fibre to the premises services, simply swapping from one broadband supplier (that uses the Openreach phonelines) to another is unlikely, of itself, to solve your problem with the broadband not working.

Assuming you also have a landline phone, if you make a call on that do you hear background noise?

If so a line fault would merit investigation.

I am the satisfied customer....
Lou28
Hooked

@Gandalf 

I am still having trouble with in Broadband.  The last two days it has been losing connection altogether which is causing me issues with working at home.

The line when I pick the phone up is fuzzy but no back ground noise.

It has only been losing complete connection the last two days, since I reported the issue.

Where I live there are only two houses and my neighbour next door has not issues with his Broadband at all - he is with BT for work and also Shell for home.

Can you please have someone look into this as soon as possible for me, as it is really frustrating.  Also we have been charged the full amount again this month.

Kind regards

Lou28
Hooked

@markhawkin 

Thank you for your response, my neighbour has BT Broadband which works perfectly fine and we are the only two houses on my drive.

The line has fuzzy noise in the background.

So unsure as to why this is a problem

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Lou28

I'm really sorry to see your phone line is crackling and broadband dropping out. 

Even though your neighbours lines are working fine doesn't mean your line always will, because everybody connected onto different equipment whether that's at the cabinet (the green box in the road) or the exchange, including each line within the copper cables from the cabinet won't all be identical. 

We can look at a refund to cover the subscription fees you've paid for a service you've not had during the time you've reported a fault to us, but we need to first get the problem resolved so I recommend we arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit?

If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lou28
Hooked

Good Morning @Gandalf 

We had a BT Engineer attend yesterday and his replaced the BT box and also did some repairs for the line.

He had advised then we need to have a new router as he believes that could also be the problem.

How do I go about getting a replacement sent.

Kind regards

Lou28

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

He had advised then we need to have a new router

So the BT Openreach engineer repaired the line and then blamed the router!

In my experience its almost never the router that's at fault. I'm afraid its all too convenient for Openreach engineers to blame a router, as it means :-

1) they (Openreach) don't need to do any more fault finding

2) it passes the buck (and costs) back to the ISP , since they supply the router

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lou28
Hooked

@MisterW 

He is advising that we have a new router due to the fact that when we were set up originally incorrectly by Plusnet when first having broadband installed- as this should of been Fibre as I was paying for this but was sent a Router for standard broadband.  Therefore the router was an old one and should be replaced.

Thank you for your comments, but I will wait to hear from some from Plusnet - THANK YOU 🙂

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

but was sent a Router for standard broadband

@Lou28  so what router do you currently have ?

If you'd originally been sent a standard broadband router ( the Hub Zero?) then that wouldnt be working at all on Fibre without an additional VDSL modem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Lou28

I'm glad to see the engineer carried out some work, which should hopefully resolve the issues.

I can see when you originally signed up you were on ADSL broadband and we provided the Hub Zero (2704N) which, without a VDSL modem as @MisterW's suggested, it's an ADSL router, but when you moved house, we then provided fibre following then and sent you a Hub One which is a fibre modem router that also works with ADSL.

If I was to replace your router, it'd be like for like. However if you call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 within the last 3 months of your contract, we may be able to send you a Hub Two if you recontract. 

Are you having any further issues following the engineers work?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@markhawkin wrote:

@Lou28 

Unless your house is also served by Virgin Media or one of the smaller fibre to the premises services, simply swapping from one broadband supplier (that uses the Openreach phonelines) to another is unlikely, of itself, to solve your problem with the broadband not working.

Assuming you also have a landline phone, if you make a call on that do you hear background noise?

If so a line fault would merit investigation.

This is not always true. Different providers use different equipment, and you'll even read stories on here where people switched from competition to Plusnet to discover they have nothing but problems. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Edinburgh_wg  I would dispute your statement that "Different providers use different equipment". For FTTC services the same Openreach infrastructure is used. Maybe you are saying that different end user equipment i.e. modems/routers is supplied which is true. The Plusnet Hub1 isn't great but works reasonably well for most customers so I see no reason why people should have nothing but problems after switching to Plusnet. There is usually some underlying problem with the line that is causing a problem and it is only in a relatively small number of cases. As is often the case users with no problems keep quiet and we only hear from the few with problems.

Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@MisterW wrote:

He had advised then we need to have a new router

So the BT Openreach engineer repaired the line and then blamed the router!

In my experience its almost never the router that's at fault. I'm afraid its all too convenient for Openreach engineers to blame a router, as it means :-

1) they (Openreach) don't need to do any more fault finding

2) it passes the buck (and costs) back to the ISP , since they supply the router