cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Broadband Dropouts

mrzedd
Dabbler

Constant Broadband Dropouts

Hi, Been having constant short broadband dropouts for a few weeks now and ive just seen a report posted in my questions, anyone know what any of this means? does a fault show on it?

thanks.

xDSL Status Test Summary Sync Status: Circuit In Sync General Information NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:       Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information Loop Loss: 3.3 13.5 SNR Margin: 15.0 9.3 Errored Seconds: 0 0 HEC Errors: 0   Cell Count: 53742 8109 Speed: 888 20133   Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 2272 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 2272 Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 8567 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 17135 Indicative Line Quality: R Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 66 Custom Thresholds MTBR_RED: MTBE_RED: MTBR_GREEN: MTBE_GREEN:

BT Estimates WP Profile CLT TAM NIC ODC 80000 - 79000 19000 Pass N/A Pass Yes
19 REPLIES 19
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Constant Broadband Dropouts

Hi @mrzedd 

I've looked at your account and there are still lots of drops on your line; 

As we are not your phone provider, can I please ask if you have yet spoken to whoever does provide your PSTN service and asked them to run a check for a phone related fault? 

Thanks,

MoR

mrzedd
Dabbler

An open reach engineer came out and tested our line from the socket and found no fault.
mrzedd
Dabbler

That was last week
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @mrzedd

Thanks for getting back to us.

Let's get this progressed to an engineer. I've updated your ticket here with the timeslots we have access to. If you could respond to the ticket and give us a nudge here when you've done so, we'll get it booked in.

Best wishes

Dave

mrzedd
Dabbler

i have updated with times i'm available, thanks for your help.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @mrzedd, thanks for that.

As requested, I've booked in your engineer visit for 23/11/2018 between 8am and 1pm.

Please let us know if you need anything else in the meantime.

mrzedd
Dabbler

Hi, the dropouts i've been having are much better now thanks, but my speed is still slow. Any idea when it will return to normal? thanks

mrzedd
Dabbler

i spoke too soon it seems, 4 dropouts again today...

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @mrzedd, sorry to hear the connection issues persist. Checking from this side the one thing that looks to be standing out that may be behind the drops you've been seeing is a potential bridge tap detected. This is most commonly a wiring issue within the property but could also be external. If you haven't already I'd advise getting your router in the optimal set-up as seen below as this would help rule out any internal wiring issues and determine whether we need a engineer out to come and investigate sooner.
Apologies if you've already done this step however there's no record of this being done so far on both this thread and ongoing fault surprisingly.

The next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the face plate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

(Given the frequency of drops it may be worth monitoring in this set up for 24-48 hours.)

By all means if the drops in connection continue please do let us know and we can arrange a engineer to come out and investigate further via the fault ticket on your account.

ndivani11

I am having the same issue where the broadband constantly drops out and then reconnects, could you also look at my account?

mrzedd
Dabbler

hello, yes i have tried plugging directly into the main socket but the drop outs still occur, we dont have a test socket however just one of the older master type, could that be the problem? the first engineer checked all our internal wiring and socket and found no issues

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @ndivani11,

I've had a look at your connection and while there was a period of instability yesterday for an hour, your connection has remained relatively stable for at least the past 2 weeks. If you're still having issues then it might be worth while starting your own post as to not detract from @mrzedd's issue and to ensure your gets a dedicated thread to resolution.

@mrzedd,

I've updated the ticket with the engineer confirmation. Let us know after the visit how it goes. 

mrzedd
Dabbler

The engineer came and fitted a new master socket but I’m still getting some dropouts, although not as many.
mrzedd
Dabbler

nevermind i think that was just the wifi dropping out, not the broadband itself. Seem to have fixed that by seperating the 2.4 and 5 ghz signals. Fingers crossed the broadband seems to be good now.