cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping

Njamot
Fixes: 1

Connection keeps dropping

I have only had your fibre broadband for about 8 weeks and noticed a significant decrease in speed after 1 week.

For the past 7 days, my connection keeps dropping and it is sometimes hours before the internet works again. I can probably use the broadband for about 2h a day max and I end up tethering from my phone most of the time because of this.

The router setup hasn't changed. Nothing has changed actually apart from the poor broadband that we are getting.What can be done to resolve this so we can get the broadband we are paying for?

3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Connection keeps dropping

Hi @Njamot,

Below is a graph showing your connection since the start of your services with us until this morning. 

I can only see two occasions where the connection has been offline for a period of time, only one of those has been a number of hours and that was on the 26th August. The 26th September was the second but this was for a short period of about 10 minutes.

The history of connection has been, at times intermittent, though some of these drops can be attributed to router reboots and the past week has been stable apart from a drop yesterday afternoon.

The sync of the router is 40Mbps down with a 39Mbps exchange profile which meets with the estimate expectations. 

So the first thing I'd suggest we confirm is if all these issues you're experiencing are wired, wireless or a mixture of both?

Njamot
Fixes: 1

Hello,

The issues are on a wifi connection. We don't have anything wire in apart from our hive hub. I refreshed the wifi channels but it seems this didn't make much on an impact unfortunately and we keep on having issues with either a slow connection or no connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your wireless connection.

It may be worth changing the wireless channel too and also trying the steps Here.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet