cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropout

westy_PU

Connection dropout

I see more and more dropouts that last 2-3 minutes, usually in the afternoons. This is making working from home a nightmare, as I deliver training remotely. 

When the connection is stable, it is super fast - devices are wired, so I don't think it is a wifi issue.

I use a Draytek modem, Synology RT2600AC, with THREE (!) MR2200AC access points in a mesh set-up.

I really wish I hadn't renewed my contract - This was stable for months and is now a nightmare for me. I tried paying for the "pro" bolt-on for a couple of months. That made zero difference.

Is it possible to cancel without additional charge? I think a Virgin cable feed to the Synology kit could be the way to go.

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Connection dropout

Why would you want to cancel a contract without reporting a fault?

You will have to give them a chance to fix things before thinking about getting out of a contract.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Connection dropout

Hi @westy_PU, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our Community Forums.
I can confirm when looking over your account I can see you've got in touch and a fault has been raised on your line.the estimated response time we have from our suppliers regarding the fault is Monday by 5pm. Hopefully then over this time our suppliers can locate and resolve the fault causing the drops you've been having recently. I can confirm your fault ticket is on hold until Tuesday so our faults team can see how things are looking come then. Should you continue to see issues beyond Monday evening however then please do get back us to us and we'll happily investigate further.

As @Mustrum has pointed out, we'd ask for an opportunity to look into and resolve the fault you're having before looking at wavering any contract in place. Usually it's an engineer who would confirm if nothing further can be done to resolve a fault. If an issue reaches this point (which is very rare) then we'd look to remove the early termination fee's for a customer.