cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with fibre broadband

Ludders93
Hooked

Issues with fibre broadband

For the past couple of months I’ve been experiencing problems with my fibre broadband dropping out completely or having low speeds.

My range should be 36-50Mbps download with a minimum of 31.8Mbps and currently I’m running at 14.5Mbps download and 5.1Mbps upload (minimum should be 7-10Mbps).

I don’t normally post on here but it’s a persistent issue and I’ve tried resetting my router etc. before anyone tells me to do any of that. I stream video games so I check everything before and during to make sure my stream runs smoothly.

Any help on this?
1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Issues with fibre broadband

Hi @Ludders93, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues as of recent.
I can confirm when looking over your connection from this side we're only seeing 35.9Mbps download and 8Mbps upload reaching your router which although is higher than you're seeing your side, it's still below the estimates for your line which hint something is out of place somewhere.

Our testing this side isn't highlighting any known issues or causes to the loss of speed so I'd advise ruling a few internal factors out that could be behind this with the checks below first of all.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the speed return to normal. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the speed issues persist then I'd advise then, looking to report the fault here: faults.plus.net

After doing so feel free to give us a nudge on here and we'll happily look at picking this up and progressing the issue further for you.