cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you please recommend a Fibre Router

wasyl00

Re: Can you please recommend a Fibre Router

Quote from: TimStephenson
Another recommendation for the Asus DSL-AC68U; great router, fast, reliable and astounding wifi range on 2.4 & 5ghz bands.
We now have 2 of them on a couple of lines, one running FTTC and the other ADSL 2+.  Best routers we've used for a long time.

I would be very careful with  Asus DSL-AC68U router. There are meny reports that the modem part of the device is not great. Check out the following thread:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18606945
or the amazon reviews. It's not great. I had to cancel my order and went for Netgear D7000. I expect it to arrive shortly.
deejayburnout
Grafter

Quote from: MartyPop
You won't need the PN router anymore but I'd keep it just in case you have any problems.
Disconnect from PN and then unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the PN router and plug it into the WAN port in the back of the Asus router. Then, you need to hook up your PC to the Asus router with an ethernet cable plugged into one of the LAN ports and finally, log into the Asus router(192.168.1.1) and configure it for use with PN. It's a while since I set mine up but there's a "Quick Internet Setup" option in the top left-hand corner which I would have a look at first. That's just a very brief rundown but if you're using wireless, you'll need to set that up as well. You may also need to reboot your PC.

Thanks for that. Wink
sherritphs
Dabbler

Is the bt homehub 5 any good for wifi and connectivity.  I can get one for free so it'd be handy if it was any better than the pn one?
wasyl00

I just finished setting up Netgear D7000 - super easy. Speed and coverage is great. So far so good.
bboab

Kept the BT Opeanreach fibre modem and changed the Technicolour TG852n router for a  ASUS RT-N66U and think its worth the money as the Wireless signal / strength / download speeds are a major improvement and seems to be very stable.
The Technicolour Fibre router TG582n is a poor Wireless cousin to the standard broadband Tecnicolour router.
deejayburnout
Grafter

Just received  my new Asus RT-AC56U today and it looks awesome. Hopefully have it setup tonight.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: PeterLoftus
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14436.0.html
A pretty comprehensive list regards to Kitz

Bit late with that  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I was leaning more to on Oversight  Cheesy
deejayburnout
Grafter

Router setup and what a difference with the WiFi. Speeds around what my wired connection is and strong enough range that i can get it in the garden.
Plusnet supplied one will be thrown at the next seagull in my garden.
MartyPop
Rising Star

Glad you like it  Grin