Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet Full - How long a wait?

mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Cabinet Full - How long a wait?

Quote from: AndyH
You can post the cab/exchange and I can have a look at the last few reports to see if the date keeps on being put back or if it's an accurate estimate.

HI, Sorry to but in here but was wondering if Andy could tell me how many home passed and how many are connect in my cab (70) on SDCRWLY
GeordieMark
Grafter

Looks like a Huawei and passes 305 homes
mlmclaren
Grafter

Yes it's a Huawei 288.. OR Engineer said not very popular cabinet around here and most connections are on cabinet 41 down the road..
Could I ask where you get this info... is it public info or it it within BTw portals or something?
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@andyh - would you be able to tell if cabinet 1 on NSCRU is full as there seems to be mixed messages from the BT checker. Sometimes is says fibre can't be ordered as demand is high, and sometimes it shows as being able to be ordered.
If it is full, I am wondering if the large uptake in connections is responsible for my falling SNRM values.
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Quote from: mlmclaren

Could I ask where you get this info... is it public info or it it within BTw portals or something?

A lot is public information, scroll about halfway down here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/cabinet-lookup.htm
@jafreer: What does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ show or your phone number? If it is full then it should give you an availability date of when more capacity is planned to be added.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: jafreer
@andyh - would you be able to tell if cabinet 1 on NSCRU is full as there seems to be mixed messages from the BT checker.

Similar story on this one to the one Mark asked about.
Cabinet became full in 3rd week of April - since then OR have quoted 20 May, 3 June and now 1 July. Unfortunately I can't tell you whether the 1 July date will be accurate or if it will slip again.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: Mark_
Quote from: mlmclaren

A lot is public information, scroll about halfway down here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/cabinet-lookup.htm

Thanks Mark  Smiley
GeordieMark
Grafter

No problem Smiley
It seems that Openreach have greatly underestimated fibre demand, looking at the homes passed per cab on my exchange anyway.
I guess it's probably cheaper to install small cabs, the upgrade IF needed.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks AndyH, much appreciated. Odd that the BT fibre checker sometimes shows ok and sometimes not for my number, even within minutes of trying again.
GeordieMark
Grafter

jafreer have you tried an ISP checker? IE start an order on the Plusnet site and see what the results come back with? if they say it's ok then you're good to go. And if there turns out to be issues later on, PN are usually pretty good at sorting them out with OR
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Mark, but I already have fibre. I was just curious to find out if the cab was full already because I was getting conflicting results from the BT checker. The cab only became active in November and it is a Huawei 288 cabinet that is already full. The uptake must have been higher than expected.
I wonder if all Huawei 288 cabs are generally fully populated internally to supply the 288 connections. Meaning that if this cab is full, another cab will be required. Or is it just a case of installing more hardware inside the existing cabinet?
Just curious.
ConnerT

From experience here, I have seen a 288 Cabinet become fully populated and another Huawei 128 Cab been installed, yet I don't think the 288 nor other FTTC cabs support
installing more lines for over-population
I guess it's a site-by-site basis and dependant on the demand for connectivity, and if there is any other possible cabinet areas!
-C
dick:quote
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Conner - I will keep a watch to see if another cabinet appears. Of course this is just me being nosey/curious as I already have fibre but I am glad I signed up within a few months of it going live as I never expected the cabinet to become full so quickly.