Did you mean: 

BT Vectoring Trials

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Re: BT Vectoring Trials

Quote from: w23
Does this test only work with a BT modem or should the reporting work with any G.993.2 compliant modem / modem-router?

In theory yeah so long as they conform to the BT SIN document I think. I'll try it out on a couple of lines on our self install staff trial later and see what they say.
Quote from: w23
I'd be very interested in seeing my result if that were possible as a classic case of dropping about 10Mb after some months of operation.

Doesn't detect it. Are you using the BT modem?
Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 64.2 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Target Fix Time
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Profile Name 37M-74M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 10M-20M Upstream, Interleaving On
Time Stamp NA
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks Dave.
Quote from: dave

Doesn't detect it. Are you using the BT modem?

No, Currently running a Fritz!Box 7390 with direct connection to VDSL socket Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
dai
Grafter

Apologies for ressurecting a old thread, but would it be possible for you to run one of these "New" type of tests on my connection please Dave? I ask as a customer also on a D-side length of around 850M, who has constantly seen drops in connection speeds of around again 13 Mbs. Estimate of around 49.9, achieved around 33Mb for a period of time, but now sitting at around 22Mb with a ping of around 39ms at a good time. I have had numerous engineer appointments, but they are disinterested as "I should count myself lucky that I can get over 20Mb, as loads of people cant"!  Would appreciate seeing the results.
Many Thanks
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Has there been any recent updates regarding the FTTC Vectoring trials .
Melancholie
Grafter

Only change I'm aware of is that the trial encompasses more cabs in the trial area. So still in progress, and nothing else to report as yet.
Pretty anxious for this too - lost 25% of attainable and as soon as the current DSL session drops will lose a few Mb from the actual sync speed.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

how on earth u getting 140 meg down and 23 up on FTTC?
James
Grafter

He cheats Smiley
justinheathcote
Dabbler

Any news on FTTC vectoring?
i only get around 17-19mbps on my FTTC as I'm about a mile from the cabinet. If vectoring works it would increase that substantially.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm expecting an update next week I think so will see what they say then.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Dave,
Is  FTTC vectoring will be availabile on every FTTC cabinet enabled or will be it roll out area by area once BT had announcement on the public release news?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

They've not said anything yet so I don't know. They've been testing retransmission (G.INP) as well in a few other areas as well and the last I heard was that they were evaluating the results of both those trials before they would announce any decisions.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
WWWombat
Grafter

G.INP testing too?
I've not seen that announced anywhere - most guesses about G.INP have been based on the fact that BT have specified G.INP capability for modems used for self-install.
Given that FEC (and interleaving), once turned on, steals around 10-15% of your line's bandwidth, it is really good to see this being used.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looks like they are still going through the results, hope to hear something later in the month/early next month.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
chrcoluk
Grafter

I am very curious also given my line still has gone from 110 attainable to its current sync speed of low 60s.  With openreach saying it is what it is.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Me too.
My sync speed has gone down in stages from almost 30 Mbps to around 20 Mbps since December 2011 (attributed to crosstalk).
dick:quote