cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Line Sync Speed has been capped for 6 months.

xreyuk
Grafter

BT Line Sync Speed has been capped for 6 months.

Hi, hoping someone from the forums or at least a member of staff can help.
I got disconnected around 6 months ago due a thunderstorm in our area. Ever since my line speed has been capped at a dead 44,000Kbps dead by BT (no matter if I've left it for 2 months and tried a resync). I can monitor this on my modem.
No matter what I've tried, it's still capped. Since G.INP was introduced, my current SNR margin is sat at 9dB (which is high, it should be around 6) and my max attainable according to the equipment is around 51,500Kbps. My line has been erroring at less than 1 per day, and I believe this cap should have lifted.
Is there anyway Plusnet can get onto BT and have a look at this?
I've been told on a couple of other forums that if Plusnet re-provision the line, it should reset any caps.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: BT Line Sync Speed has been capped for 6 months.

Hi there,
I'm going to be straight up and say we wouldn't be reprovisioning the line, your connection speeds are only very slightly off the top end estimate for your line (range of 32.4-48.Mb/s) so we wouldn't be able to push this as a fault either as the line is working within the parameters set.
Sorry that this is unlikely to be what you wanted to read.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
xreyuk
Grafter

Re: BT Line Sync Speed has been capped for 6 months.

No problem Chris.
Unfortunately for you, I'll probably be leaving soon to another provider (I work for one and will be given free internet) so hopefully the problem will go away.
Cheers.