Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any capacity issues?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Any capacity issues?

I don't know much of AndyH or who is he? I think he should left it alone and let Plusnet deal with it! It's very annoying when some people here saying nothing wrong with Plusnet end or BTw network where there is! The same goes to BTw PT too.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I have flagged this whole thread up (and some others) to the guys that look after the network. When they get back to me I'll make sure to let you all know.
If any of you have an IPv6 account and are switching between them, can you make it clear on the speedtests etc which account they were on? The reason is that when the team trace the connection back through they do so on the account you're connected on at the point of the test.

from now on I will add the account I am on, but 80% of my feedback here has been on my normal account which even has the PRO addon.  I only switched back to the test account yesterday.  Also if I test on my ipv6 account I always force the traffic over ipv4.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: goldenfibre
I don't know much of AndyH or who is he? I think he should left it alone and let Plusnet deal with it! It's very annoying when some people here saying nothing wrong with Plusnet end or BTw network where there is! The same goes to BTw PT too.

agreed.  He needs to step out the thread now.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: chrcoluk
from now on I will add the account I am on, but 80% of my feedback here has been on my normal account which even has the PRO addon.

That's great, thanks.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

For people to accuse PN of deliberately withholding information, I think this is wrong and there is no evidence of this.

In all honesty I havent had time to read the whole thread as Ive a lot on atm.  I'm not one that does frequent speedtests, I only do so when I feel that something is wrong or if something is taking longer than normal to download,  and then I'll take a peep at the forums.
During the scan I had, I didnt see an explanation, just users getting more frustrated because this has been going on for a while

I don't know much of AndyH or who is he? I think he should left it alone and let Plusnet deal with it!

Thats a tad unfair, AndyH knows a lot about the workings of the BT network and does a lot to try and help people. He's not staff.
Conversely though, I can fully see why people are getting worked up and annoyed.... there needed to be some proper input from Plusnet.
If we can all play nice and if PN take this seriously, then hopefully we can all work together and get some answers.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: kitz
During the scan I had, I didnt see an explanation, just users getting more frustrated because this has been going on for a while

One issue is that there has been different people with different problems on this thread - some of which have been resolved now.
There are some known capacity problems that have led to severely degraded services. These issues are within the BTW network and some of them have been fixed, however some remain. These are affecting all 21CN ISPs and not just Plusnet.
The HTTPx1/x6 discrepancy issue came to light with more users mid-week last week (and appeared unconnected to SVLANs), so this explains why there has been no response yet from Plusnet. Now that Chris has flagged it up and sent the relevant information to the right people, some kind of update will be coming.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

For tonight TBB gives:

BT speedtest gives:
63.84/16.9/46.25ms.
Interestingly the Zen status page is now saying that the Brackley exchange (01280) is due for maintenance on the 24th. There's also an entry for Banbury (01295) which I think is the exchange that actually provides our FTTC.
I do agree with AndyH that accusing PN of trying to hide things is unwarranted. My complaint with AndyH is when he tries to tell me it doesn't matter or that there's nothing worth complaining about. If i was new to PN I'd just accept it as typical of a cheap(ish) ISP and would look to move elsewhere. But the previous 9 months shows that PN can do better than this. I prefer to think that there is a fault somewhere rather than concluding that they are cutting back.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Apology to AndyH as I know he try his best to help us and now I am blaming on Plusnet for not doing good enough with us. Plusnet need to start to bite on BT. And start to listen to us,
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: kitz

Thats a tad unfair, AndyH knows a lot about the workings of the BT network and does a lot to try and help people. He's not staff.
Conversely though, I can fully see why people are getting worked up and annoyed.... there needed to be some proper input from Plusnet.
If we can all play nice and if PN take this seriously, then hopefully we can all work together and get some answers.

I have apology to him above.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Here's my feedback from tonight where Ive uploaded various speedtest results.
http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=14902.msg278213#msg278213
Ive performed a couple of BTw performance tests in there and they are perfect - no problems at all.
However the screen grabs of http download show a totally different story.  I was averaging 26-27Mbps between 7.30 to 10pm Sad
Hope this info is of use to someone.
deathtrap
Grafter

I'm my case it's not BT  i have proved that several times by hopping gateways /endpoints, infact tonight i hopped back onto one gateway within a 10min window and the base latency was lower than the first time i had landed on it, but throughput was poor the second time but good the first time, that isn't bt at fault, in my case at least,
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Everything is fine here:
deathtrap
Grafter

@goldenfibre everything was fine for me shortly after 10pm,  did you do a speed test  earlier on? if not then perhaps try doing a speedtest at any time from 8pm up till 10pm, and see what that result says, here is one i did earlier http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/142170520675436326789.png ; but this isnt conclusive as we both could be on the same gateway but connected to different endpoints, you may see issues and i may see nothing,or vice versa and we have no way of knowing if a particular endpoint is saturated or not  only plusnet are privy to that info
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Here is my test
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

I just ran a test and mine is almost back to normal:

Certainly a lot better than it has been of late in the evening.