cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any capacity issues?

deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Any capacity issues?

Not seeing fttc customers from other ISP's complaining of the same or similar  issues so far, i find it very odd that they would not notice them if affecting their connections, quiet a few have ping monitors set up 
chrcoluk
Grafter

my speedtests have improved since going back to the pro account but last night they did dip still to below 50mbit for a short time.
Hopefully Chris will provide answers tomorrow.
deathtrap
Grafter

My ping monitor
Melancholie
Grafter

Checking my own graph and Plusnet's I was seeing packet loss since around 4pm. None of Plusnet's WBC pipes were anywhere near maxing out at that point.
A single gateway's MSILs might have maxed out but I've had these issues across 3 of them now.
EDIT: I stand corrected. I saw packet loss from 3pm until 11pm give or take. Still if BT Wholesale say all is fine on their network...
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@ Chris Parr - Is my SVLAN on green/blue/yellow/red? The speed seem dropping down from 75/18 to 27/7 in evening. Also Netflix suffer buffering! Could be SVLAN congestion? Can you tell me which SVLAN I am on?
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: goldenfibre
@ Chris Parr - Is my SVLAN on green/blue/yellow/red? The speed seem dropping down from 75/18 to 27/7 in evening.

Can you post a TBB Speed Test? The fact that your upload is slowing down also does not point to congestion as it's not common to see this drop like the download speeds.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Got a reply today, it was a simple that I am online and running within expectations.
No SVLAN/exchange info provided.
Dissapointed.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've spoken to one of the guys here and they've advised that we're not the only ones seeing peak time issues: http://clueless.aaisp.net.uk/congestion.cgi
I'm going to flag up internally again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Melancholie
Grafter

We have a winner.
LBV-PK, all BRASs
MYHLT LBV/PK HUNSLET LS11 5TD
Just FYI the other exchanges mentioned are:
Bristol South
Merthyr Tdyfil
Downend
Gosforth, Tyne & Wear
deathtrap
Grafter

There must be more than just that vlan affected
AndyH
Grafter

AAISP only monitor the SVLANs/BRAS they have end users on - so they are not monitoring the whole BTW network across the country.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Its a bit disappointing that a plusnet staff member has had to rely on aaisp for info?
I waited a week for a reply and the reply didnt give me any SVALN info.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry if I gave you the impression that we rely on AAISP for info, that's not the case but they do display the information in an easy to view way.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

chris can you please reply to my private message . thanks
Melancholie
Grafter

My ticket has been closed. '...we have to at least have 2 engineers try to fix your fault before BT allow us to escalate a fault higher to be looked at remotely.'
I believe AAISP will/have raised this to BT Wholesale already, without 2 SFI visits Smiley