cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS on static ip

FIXED
PCloud

rDNS on static ip

Does anyone know how to get my rDNS changed on my account, I have been chasing my own tail on the website as it says raise a ticket on support assistant, it takes me there and it says I cant raise items. My concern is my rdns is my pn username and my pn username is my realname, i dont want that resolvable.

I then called in and spoke to a lovely person who was trying hard to help me but eventually came back to me with "We don't know what that is" sorry, I explained and was put on hold a little while longer and then promised a call back on sunday.

Is there a better way / method to ask as for the rdns/ ptr change, seems like a really common and simple ask to me.

Thanks

Dave

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: rDNS on static ip

Is there a better way / method to ask as for the rdns/ ptr change, seems like a really common and simple ask to me.

@PCloud yes, you've just found it!.

One of the Plusnet help team will pick this up ( may take a day or two ) and either request confirmation here , or raise a ticket to which you can reply.

rDNS can either be set to <ipaddress>.plus.com or, if you have your own domain, something else provided you create an A record first.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @PCloud how are you doing?

I have created a ticket on https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=233537736 if you can reply to that I will sort it for you. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
PCloud

Thanks you, I have commented on the ticket as requested, I appreciate the help!

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @PCloud sent it off now! Will keep an eye on it for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

This should be sorted now @PCloud 

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
PCloud

Thanks a lot for the help will, just checked and I can see its no longer my name 🙂

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Awesome, glad to hear it! Give me a shout if there is anything else you need Smiley

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team