cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

puk

philipk

puk

Hi,

This is an odd one 🙂.  After too many failed attempts to login to my mobile phone I have this message on the screen:

"sim card locked.  enter puk.  contact your service provider for details"

Plusnet Mobile closed down in June and the accounts were passed to EE.  I can't get to speak to anyone at Plusnet and EE, though helpful, don't have any record of my mobile number.  (The chap at EE said that this was not a manufacturer's issue (samsung) but a security measure by my provider)

I am floating somewhere in limbo and can't find any help from Plusnet.

I have a broadband and landline account with Plusnet, and I'm still paying Plusnet the same (about £42 per month) as before they shuttered the mobile service.

What's my next move? All advice gratefully received

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Re: puk

To log into what on your mobile phone?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1

@philipk 

When you moved to EE I assume that you removed the Plusnet SIM card and inserted a replacement EE one?

Accounts were not just passed to EE, a new EE account with EE and SIM had to be obtained. Assuming you have done that I'm afraid that this is an EE problem.

Moderator and Customer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

I have a broadband and landline account with Plusnet, and I'm still paying Plusnet the same (about £42 per month) as before they shuttered the mobile service.

@philipk Plusnet mobile was always completely separate, including billing, from Plusnet broadband.

You would have been billed separately for your mobile account by Plusnet mobile and if that has been transferred to EE , then they would have been billing you since then.

The PUK code is unique to the SIM card and would have been on the packaging/card that EE supplied when you transferred.

If you can't find it, then EE should be able to supply it.

Plusnet Mobile closed down in June and the accounts were passed to EE.  I can't get to speak to anyone at Plusnet and EE, though helpful, don't have any record of my mobile number.

If you transferred to EE then they MUST have a record of your phone number!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

philipk

sim card lock and screen lock both need separate passwords to unlock.

philipk

I don't recall doing this but I'll check. (I'm not being billed by EE, only Plusnet, and the monthly sum is the same)

philipk

Thanks for the information.  I'll start checking.  Much obliged for the pointers to all who answered. 👍

Baldrick1

@philipk 

If you still have a Plusnet SIM card in the phone it’s quite possible that your number is lost and unrecoverable.

As @MisterW has stated, the mobile phone service was never a part of your Plusnet ‘broadband’ account in that it was charged separately.

Moderator and Customer

philipk

I've been locked out since about 10am this morning  (oooh painful)🙂