cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phpBB3 support?

Road_dog

phpBB3 support?

I have been running the forum software phpbb2 without any problems and recently decided to upgrade to phpBB3 but now after I uploaded everything I cannot get the software to run the installer. Does anyone know if the Plusnet servers support the latest phpBB3 beta release?
Thanks
~dog.
7 REPLIES 7
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: phpBB3 support?

What happens when you try to run it?
Have you made sure all the permissions on php files are set correctly otherwise they will not run. Use fixphpperms.sh -r from a shell prompt.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I know at least 1 customer that has successfully installed phpbb3 on his cgi space. He might see this topic and come offer some advice.
As Peter says, this is probably permissions being set incorrectly on the files/folders.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Road_dog

Hi thanks for your replies, I ran the fixpphpperms.sh -r command and still I get nothing apart from this server message:
The requested URL /install/index.php was not found on this server.
This a tad frustrating as it was fairly easy to set up phpBB2 with the step by step instructions provided but the instructions for phpBB3 doesn't have any info on setting permissions for this version included. I have also tried to set them as if I was running phpBB2 but still this doesn't help either.
Thanks again
~dog.

Chris
Legend

That sounds like it hasn't extracted the files correctly, if you connect through FTP can you see the index.php file there?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Road_dog

yes I can see all the files there, I have deleted and uploaded several times now just in case that it wasn't extracting properly. The last couple of times I downloaded the .zip extracted to my desktop and then uploaded the extracted folder.
Cheers
~dog.
Road_dog

15th time lucky! Im up and running now - issues resolved.
Thanks for your replies.
~dog.
Chris
Legend

w00t
Grin