cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.htaccess redirects to ccgi

Word_Warrior
Grafter

.htaccess redirects to ccgi

This isn't a new topic really. It's seems to have been going on forever but I've just wasted loads of time trying to follow broken links to the old forum that I thought I'd kick start it again.
I have three Joomla websites on one account and one mysql server (rumpus) and one on another account with the mysql server Humbug.
Now I know you have to change the DNS records to point the domain to the ccgi that seems to have worked so far. (Heck of a wait to find out and to cancel!! Crazy)
What doesn't seem to work for me is the .htaccess file in the root of the ccgi to direct domain1 to directory for domain1
This is what I had in the .htaccess file (now deleted to revert back to the frames redirect method)
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.mydomain.biz$ [nc]
RewriteRule (.*) /ccgidirectoryname/$1
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.myotherdomain.co.uk$ [nc]
RewriteRule (.*) /otherccgidirectoryname/$1

This, according to what I've read so far should work fine but it doesn't. Why can't PN just allow DNS records to just point to ccgi directories without the faff of all this?
Just to check, in the DNS records it should be www in the left field and ccgi.plus.net. with trailling dot in right field shouldn't it? Both accounts have the DNS records set to basic AFAIK (it was requested some time ago)
Can anyone point this poor demented soul in the right direction coz I'm going  Crazy trying. A good, clear tutorial would be fantastic!
3 REPLIES 3
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Re: .htaccess redirects to ccgi

FYI: Using Joomla 1.0.13 CMS.
Okay, DNS records seem to be doing the job on one of my sites. (not changing others until this is right)
.htaccess has been installed in the root of the ccgi in the time honoured fashion.
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.frizzell.biz$ [nc]
RewriteRule (.*) /10/$1

Where the domain is www.frizzell.biz and the directory to which it is pointing is called 10.
The website in that folder opens without graphics but if I type the URL as ccgi.frizzell.plus.com/10/ hey presto the graphics and the site works perfectly. If I delete the .htaccess file and type www.frizzell.biz/10/ in the address bar everything is fine also.
With the .htaccess file in place and using the URL www.frizzell.biz no graphics, as I said but when I login it accepts my login but the login window remains rather than the logout message. also after login the address in the address bar reverts to the ccgi URL. (Supposed to show the same 'www' one I thought)
This has to be a path problem as far as I can tell but I'm stumped.
I have chmod 755 all the files in the directory, so that is correct.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please. I have been using the unsatisfactory 'frames redirect' up to now and RSS doesn't work properly with that.
Any clues anyone.
Further information, I also had another domain name pointing to another directory in this ccgi. That was Joomla 1.5.2 (Latest Stable) That just showed text of site because it couldn't find the template so I'm guessing that is a path problem too.
Testing mainly on Safari 3 for Apple Mac but just tried on Firefox for Apple Mac and it's totally screwed up on that unless I use ccgi URL. Huh
Prod_Man
Grafter

sorry, bumping an old topic! only just realised this one...
Login Issues: That will be because the CMS was setup on the other doman and is still trying to set for the other domain rather than the new one.

setcookie ( string $name [, string $value [, int $expire [, string $path [, string $domain [, bool $secure [, bool $httponly ]]]]]] )

string $domain this part is what is probably wrong,
check the HTTP Response line for "Set-Cookie: .."
using a Packet Monitor tool such as Wireshark/Ethereal, EtherDetect, AnalgoueX PacketMon...
Jim,
glyndev
Grafter

Personally I have tried Joomla, Mambo and several other CMS for the multiple sites that I have on ccgi an have never been able to get .htaccess to work for redirecting to the different sites.
In the end I went with Drupal. It is possible to have multiple sites on one set of code base each with own files and database tables and no need for .htaccess, You just need to create a folder for each site using the URL for the site, e.g. "www.domain1.co.uk", "www.freds-place.me.uk" etc. and when you access the site you go straight to the domain