Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who owns my co.uk?

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Who owns my co.uk?

I have  co.uk webspace provided for me from plusnet back in the day when you got one free as part of your package. I also use email addresses with the same ****.co.uk ending going back to circa 2007. It is linked to my plusnet personal account.

I initially used it to start up a business, however, as it happens the business has grown over the years and I'm now getting to the point where the I.T infrastructure is getting too much for me regarding webspace and emails and generally getting everything to work nicely with each other. I'm looking of somehow simplifying everything and putting it all under one roof if you like so I suppose the best place to start is do I actually own the co.uk or is it being leased to me only while I'm still a PN customer? 

I also have a PN business account BTW but the co.uk is currently linked to my personal account. I'm not looking at leaving PN, been with them both personally and business since the beginning of time just I'd like to know where I stand.

I used to like messing about with I.T stuff myself but now I just don't have the time or inclination and me messing with stuff these days regarding work email etc could cause some serious and expensive issues!

1 REPLY 1
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Who owns my co.uk?

I came across this. I guess looking at that Plusnet auto renews my domain name and it can be transferred out if requested but might incur a charge?

I wonder if this thread might be better placed in the business section of the board rather than starting a new thread there, can the mods move it over? I have a few questions I'd like to keep in the same same thread if possible and a lot of them are going to be business related.