Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats missing or late 05/11/12

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Webstats missing or late 05/11/12

Both sets of webstats absent this morning (for 04/11/12 logs) and can't see anything on service status.
I rather like the way kdiment politely drew attention to the lack of monitoring, in another recent missing-webstats thread 😕
Quote from: kdiment
surely there must be a checklist for whoever gets in first and opens up the shop:
Get the milk in from the doorsetep
Empty the mousetraps
Check the computers are still running
(and somewhere way down the list)
Were the webstats generated?
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
5 REPLIES 5
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Webstats missing or late 05/11/12

Thanks for letting us know.
We've raised problem 73267, there is also a <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1352111560.htm">service status</a> posted.
When webstats are not generated this is normally flagged up to us, on the occasions where this doesn't happen we'll will look into why this has happened and yes I'll certainly mention the check being done manually.
I'll update this thread later as soon as it's sorted.
Chris
kdiment
Rising Star

I wondered who would think it was their turn to give the required nudge. Thanks, Penny. And for remembering my suggestion. Maybe one day PN will think of checking for themselves and not waiting for us to shout.
Tony_W
Grafter

As this seems to happen quite frequently, I was wondering if webstats could be generated 'on demand'.
This would mean that, even if web stats have not been already generated by running the script for thousands of users, a user requesting web stats could have the script run on just their web site(s) and the results delivered to them more or less instantly.
Or is that thinking too far out of the box?
Tony
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The stats are still currently generating, shouldn't be to long now.
I'm going to suggest the fact that we check these on a daily basis seems the most logical answer at the moment so we know they are there.
I've also updates the <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1352129079.htm"> service status</a>.
I'll update when it's completed.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All stats have now been generated.
I've also updated the <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1352134767.htm">service status</a>.
Apologies for the inconvenience.