cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace

SteelCity1

Webspace

I have a Force 9 account and a domain name/webspace hosted by Plusnet. This goes back some years and I haven't used the webspace although I do use the domain for my email address. 

Because I haven't used the webspace for such a long time and have forgotten how to access it. I found this page which I need to study:  About your Plusnet webspace | Help | Plusnet but I can't remember how much space is available (I think it might be 500MB). 

I want to upload some files to it but don't want it to be published (it's just for myself to read). The problem is that the files I want to upload are in excess of 500MB so that's why I need to know the limit and if it is, whether it can be increased. The files are  phpbb forum software and the sizes are as follows: full backup  719MB, home directory backup 1.35GB and SQL 53.3MB. 

I've managed to find my webspace on the account and clicked on CGI - it takes me to the login page but states that I have incorrect username/password. I am using my Force9 username (without F9 after it) and the password that I use in my router and to login to webmail and my account. 

Please can someone advise? 

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Re: Webspace

@SteelCity1 - Webspace allocations can vary dependent on the account, looking at yours you have a maximum storage quota of 250MB and a daily bandwidth allowance of this too, which unfortunately can't be increased. 

Is it https://hosting.plus.net/portal/ you are logging into? If so, try resetting the password at https://hosting.plus.net/portal/#CH-auth/passwordrequest and see if you're able to log in with the new password. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SteelCity1

Thank you Gandalf. I had thought there would be insufficient space and that increasing it would not be a option,

I managed to ftp the space using FileZilla but there was a message about files being seen over the Internet so I logged off. I will look for a lower cost hosting company and ask someone to move the files for me. I just want the content to be available to me personally and don’t need the site to be published and attract Internet traffic. Don’t need email either. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

@SteelCity1

why not use a free Cloud storage ? https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/broadband-and-tv/free-online-storage/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SteelCity1

Thank you MrW. Will check that out. I’m currently on web chat with the host company to see if they can give me a lower cost package which is more suited to my needs. That would be the best option as it would save me having to pay someone to move the site.