cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace archived as too large

snowdon
Hooked

Webspace archived as too large

I need the files restoring so that I can remove the files that were incorrectly up-loaded.

Site was used whilst email was not available and then not deleted quickly enough.

The email from "abuse* gave the link below which returned 404

https://www.plus.net/support/webspace/tips_and_info/webspace_faq.shtml#9

So I had nowhere to go so  I rang support and was passed around and then it went dead so what do I do next?

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Webspace archived as too large

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mikeb
Rising Star

Good luck with getting this sorted sensibly and in a timely manner Smiley

PN have known about this problem for a long time. I even provided some detailed info back in July after similarly being accused of 'abuse' despite the data available to me clearly saying different. Fortunately I only got a warning but the reported problems have just been ignored. You'll probably also find that your usage as quoted via the portal is still complete and utter rubbish. Last time I checked mine, the figure stated for current usage bore no resemblance to reality and didn't appear to have been updated for several months if not years.

PN are monitoring your storage usage and bandwidth consumption using completely different methods/systems to those which are available to users. It is therefore entirely conceivable that your usage is quoted via the portal as being well below your limit and your bandwidth is either shown as being likewise or not available at all due to missing webstats/logfile data ... but PN will still send out emails alleging 'abuse', including the (in)famous 404 link for more info, and then potentially pull the plug on you because their figures apparently say different Roll_eyes

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @snowdon and welcome to our Community Forums.

I can see you've spoken with an adviser last night who raised a task to NetOps and we restored your webspace around 4 hours later. I've checked your website and it looks to be back up and running now.

Can you let me know if everything's OK now? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chips
Grafter
Fixes: 2

My webspace was closed a loooong time ago (2020 ?)  Recovering from illness I intended to revamp my site a s a photo gallery.  I may well have overdone the traffic in 24hrs - deleting files.   A ticket raised was eventually replied to - the site had been checked and declared "working" - except the address quoted was not mine (close but not).  A live ticket has lain unanswered now for months.  Quite frankly I ran out of energy and didn't press the issue.  Now however I have some exposure on a reputable photo site worth linking to and cannot access my own site to post.  Baffling to me is there seems to be traffic to the site I cannot access.  Screen grabs attached .  Obviously I'm no expert but I did run my site updated weekly for several years - now at a loss.  Is it me or is it Plus ?  I assumed the former until the recent outages.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your post @chips

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your webspace.

I've looked into this for you and I can't see an open ticket regarding this. Do you know what the ticket reference is?

In the meantime, I've raised a NetOps task to unarchive your webspace, so you can continue to manage it. 

This should be done within 3 working days and I'll update the ticket I've created on your account Here once it has been.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @chips

We believe we've fixed the problem now.

Can you try uploading new files to your /htdocs folder and make sure you delete the index.htm file?

Let me know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet