Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website broken .... Not Found [CFN #0005]

FIXED
LSteve
Dabbler

Website broken .... Not Found [CFN #0005]

I was trying to investigate a problem with my website which was a little irritating, when I really broke it!!

The original problem was to do with the website sending out emails with attachments. There now seems to be a file size limit to an attachment, of around 96K, this change occured between 2nd  and 16th July.

Whilst investigating this I logged into the "Hosting CGI" pages. Under phpMyAdmin and "phpManager". There was an option to select either 7.1 or 7.2, neither were selected. I selected 7.2. I also had a quick look at "Create your own php.ini", I cancelled this.
After this I found my websites all display "Not Found [CFN #0005]"
I've been back and selected php version 7.1 but it makes no difference. I cannot unselect both versions.

Any help with either problem would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Website broken .... Not Found [CFN #0005]

Fix

Hi Steve.

There's a hidden .htaccess file in your /public directory which I suspect is where the problem lies.

Try temporarily renaming it to see if things spring back to life.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Are there plans to update the PHP versions available?

Current stable version is 7.4 - 5.6; 7.0 and 7.1 are now at 'end of life'

WordPress now checks for and recommends 7.4

https://kinsta.com/blog/php-versions/ 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LSteve
Dabbler

Hi Bob,
Many thanks for the .htaccess file info. Websites are back.
Is there anyone who might know about the problem I was investigating before I broke it.
I'm using the php mail() function to send me weekly backup data. I check the returned value for errors and this is okay. It has been working for over 6 years, then about a month ago one of the emails stopped. It seems that if a single attached file is bigger than about 96K it fails without an error. Multiple files can add up to greater than 96K without a problem.
Was there a change in php version around this time.
It's not a big issue as I can use ftp to upload the files, but it would be nice to know why it stopped working.
Many thanks
Steve

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@MauriceC, I'll asked a while back but was met with silence. I'll give the fire another poke.

@LSteve no PHP version change that I'm aware of. Could be a policy change or a firewall getting in the way. I can raise it with the hosting vendor if you like but in order to facilitate investigate, it's likely you'll need to simplify things a bit e.g. provide two test pages that trigger an email. One with an attachment (that fails) and one without an attachment (that works). That should give the support team the best chance of tracing things through the system.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

LSteve
Dabbler

I've been trying to narrow down the fault and have made a bit of progress. I have the same code running on my plusnet site and another site
ccgi.stevelaw0.plus.com/mailtest
dtnhemel.org.uk/new/test
Both default to sending the source file, index.php, one file which cause problems. You can add your own email address.

From the plusnet site
Sending to a plusnet email address fails with certain files. Other files are okay.
Sending to other emails works, except for my yahoo email.
This doesn't seemed to be related to the size of the files, although larger files are definitely worse. Changing a single character can sometimes make the difference.

From the dtn site.
Sending to plusnet email address is okay.
Sending to other emails is also okay.
Sending to my yahoo address fails here also, even with a 3 byte file.

Steve