Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website blocked by Plusnet

anthonyburns
Hooked

Website blocked by Plusnet

Hi,

I'm the owner of the business The Holiday Tracker (www.theholidaytracker.co.uk) and some of our customers are reporting that it's blocked when they try to access it from their home internet provided by Plusnet.

I've tried calling Plusnet to try to find a contact number or email address to try to have this block removed, but I'm getting nowhere.  There is no reason at all why we should be blocked, we're an app that helps businesses keep track of their employees' annual leave.

Can you please advise me how I can have this block removed?

Thanks,

Anthony

15 REPLIES 15
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Website blocked by Plusnet

For info : as a Plusnet customer I can access your Website on a desktop (ethernet) and an iPad (Wi-Fi)

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @anthonyburns

I second @Champnet - there's no reason we'd block this. Can you confirm whether the user who#s Plusnet Broadband it is has any SafeGuard settings turned on at all?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Working fine on my plusnet connection too.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
anthonyburns
Hooked

Yes, one of them definitely mentioned SafeGuard.  There's still no valid reason why the site should be blocked by SafeGuard - how do I go about contacting the SafeGuard team to have the block removed?

seebee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

FYI - I'm on my Plusnet connection (51.9.x.y) and use Safeguard - I can access that website fine!

anthonyburns
Hooked

Good to know, thanks.  So it's either an issue that's only affecting some users, OR it's an issue that is now resolved.  I'd still like to know how I contact the team responsible for Safeguard in-case I receive more reports of the issue.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

My work laptop is blocking it (which is nothing to do with Plusnet).  We use Zscaler which is where the blocking is coming from for me, with the error:

Website blocked
Not allowed to browse Anonymizer category

I don't know if that is related to whoever reported it to you originally, either them using a similar product or whatever they are using blocking for a similar reason.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @anthonyburns

I'm sorry to see some of your customers are having issues getting onto your site. 

I can see your website is categorised as "Business" in our Safeguard software. If people aren't blocking this category in their Safeguard and can't access your site, let us know here and we can email our products team to investigate further. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
anthonyburns
Hooked

I don't know if this is related or not, but I've double-checked with one of the users and they're now reporting that they can't access the site from home and that their browser is reporting ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH.

From the office, using the same laptop and browser, it works fine.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@anthonyburns 

Can they turn Safeguard off and see if they can get on your site?

If they can, from what I can see there's no "Business" category to block in Safeguard, so as long as they've not added your site to the "Block Websites" list, let me know and I'll raise this with our Products Team.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
anthonyburns
Hooked

I'll get them to try that and report back.  Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No problem @anthonyburns 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
seebee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

To confirm what @pjmarsh cleverly spotted - my works laptop also uses zScaler (effectively a filtering proxy). If my works laptop is on my plusnet connection with zScaler enabled I also get the message:

Website blocked
Not allowed to browse Anonymizer category
You tried to visit:

(and same for the https version)

If I turn zScaler off it works fine on my plusnet connection. So that site appears to be in the "anonymizer" category in whatever list zScaler use. And if that list is shared by other systems that could be the cause for your user's issue.