FIXED
bdelf

Re: VPN not working

Hi fixed mine by changing routers to a BT HH6 from eBay for £20

dwfin
Hooked

Hi Plusnet Team,

I've tried all the 'fixes' but i'm still having zero luck accessing my work VPN (Global Protect). I can access fine with my mobile tethering. Obviously this is an issue...can you please help?Huh

Thanks.

JSinc

You can request a static IP from your member centre, under add-ons.
dwfin
Hooked

Thanks I tried the static IP and I still have the same issue unfortunately Sad 

pfranklin82
Hooked

Same for me static ip still doesnt work
dwfin
Hooked

It's a joke. Raised a formal complaint and this is their reply. I work in healthcare:

Unfortunately as the issue you are having is with a third party service we are unable to offer support. Due to this we are also not able to waive your contract as, while you may be required to work from home currently, we are not legally obligated to guarantee our service will work with all other third party services - such a thing is indeed impossible to guarantee.

Awesome empathy Plusnet!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@dwfin @pfranklin82  did you disconnect and reconnect after applying the static IP ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rebecca37

Horrifying. 

I still have not had any response from them about my problem that was raised almost two months ago. It is very disappointing and is making my life as a teacher trying to teach from home very difficult.

vicmackey
Hooked

Hi dwfin

I had similar problem with VPN and Plusnet customer service / community not much use. What I did do is change my firewall setting in Plusnet settings to LOW (was HIGH) and this worked. The normal Plusnet response is not our problem and also to suggest a static IP at cost. You can also try turning off your router for at least an hour which may give you a new IP address that may work or I believe you can change to a static IP address in settings yourself

pfranklin82
Hooked

Yes I restarted the router and modem
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@pfranklin82  thanks for confiming the reconnect. That confims that the static IP will have been activated.

You are using separate modem and router then ? not the Hub one ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@dwfin Your connection hasn't dropped since we applied the static IP so you're still on the dynamic range. I've done a session kill to momentarily disconnect and reconnect your connection. Can you try connecting to your VPN now?

@pfranklin82 Can you try a factory reset of your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back for 20 seconds until the light along the front goes green? Wait 5 to 10 minutes for the router to start up and try connecting to your VPN? Tempted to send you a new router if that doesn't fix it. 

@Rebecca37 Sorry for the issues although I'm a bit confused as I can see you on the 25th March you confirmed to us that you changed your firewall settings to low and that resolved the issue and we posted back to you after as per Here. If you're still having issues, could you try a factory reset of your router as described above?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pfranklin82
Hooked

Yes I'm using a different router/modem setup as the original plusnet hub kept dropping wifi. However I have tested switching of the router firewalls to no effect
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the clarification @pfranklin82 

Because you're using your own router, you've tried switching off the broadband firewall, you've tried a dynamic IP and static IP range, I'd recommend as the next step trying a different router (in no way am I pointing blame though at your router, it's part of the troubleshooting process) and/or contacting your work's IT department following the steps explained Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hegars

I am told by my IT department that plusnet are blocking the VPN connection to my companies data base.  I am working from home.

How do I fix this issue.  Help greatly appreciated.