If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JamesCRocks
Grafter

Re: VOIP Adapter

@dvorak wrote:
I have the 812, this should be fine.
Any particular use in mind?

Hi,

Thanks. I have DECT phones (quad set) which still work reasonably well. That and VOIP phones (probably the best solution) appear rather expensive. 

James

JamesCRocks
Grafter

Hi,

What about this kind of adapter (the Linksys PAP2T I think)? It's cheaper than the Grandstream. 

eBay: Internet VOIP Phone Adapter/Gateway

James

cpc6128
Dabbler

I spent a bit of time looking for a cheap ATA and I found a used N300IP (which I bought on ebay for about £20 - excludes P&P) which is connected to a  panasonic dect phone on an AAISP service.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

I've only ever used Gigaset handsets with my N300-IP, but I know from someone else's experience that certain features (e.g. call routing via the Dialling Plans) don't work with just any old GAP compatible handset.  He was actually using older Gigaset handsets which didn't fully work for him and ended up buying new ones which enabled the missing features to work.

YMMV, but there's a compatibility utility for Gigaset handsets and base stations at -

https://www.gigaset.com/hq_en/cms/service/compatibility/products.html

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@JamesCRocks be careful with the PAP2T, many were locked to Vonage. Whilst earlier ones could be unlocked, some later firmware ones could not.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JamesCRocks
Grafter

@cpc6128 wrote:

I spent a bit of time looking for a cheap ATA and I found a used N300IP (which I bought on ebay for about £20 - excludes P&P) which is connected to a  panasonic dect phone on an AAISP service.

So this one?

Internet VOIP Phone Adapter/Gateway RJ45 Cable, Linksys PAP2T (UK Plug)

James

cpc6128
Dabbler

No, I was talking about another ATA the N300IP:

https://gse.gigaset.com/fileadmin/legacy-assets/A31008-M2214-R601-1-TE43_02-05-2011_en_CZ_HR_PL_SK_S...

I am using a used one and there is another on Ebay UK for 19.99 + P&P.

I also went for this ATA because it has instructions for setup for use with AAISP VOIP which I use.

I haven't used the one you've linked to.

JamesCRocks
Grafter

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

In theory, yes. The go box 100 is basically thevsame as the n300 ip. However, the ones advertised are German versions , so they will have eu plugs. I don't know whether the firmware will be different.

Amazon warehouse have used ones at £13.97 here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigaset-Station-Communication-System-Handsets/dp/B087XPLSW5/ref=sr_1_22?cri... so might be worth a punt if you can get an eu to uk adaptor

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

There is a comment on the Amazon page:

VOIP warning.png

If it's like the Grandstream ones you will be faced with a mind boggling number of configuration options, presumably in German.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

PAP2T's are way beyond end of life. Even when they were current the were well known for having Chinese knock offs

iannewson
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

German telecom equipment also tends to use  TAE-F plugs so you might need to convert those to BT plugs.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@JamesCRocks 

I have no knowledge of ATA's so can't offer advice there.

Do you have a current VOIP provider? If so, what do they recommend?

Are you thinking about moving to a VOIP provider? If so, what do they recommend.

Finally, if just looking to get set up for the end of PSTN consider waiting until you have to change. Then look at what's available and / or your chosen suppliers equipment.

Brian