Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update and transfer a domain from Plusnet

mattdesign

Update and transfer a domain from Plusnet

Hi

Background info

I setup a custom .co.uk domain when I helped my mum get broadband for the first time back in 2008(ish). This domain has been on her account ever since.

Earlier this year someone at Plusnet helpfully (not) decided that the only way to resolve a billing problem on her account was to create a completely new account. This then caused her email (using the domain) to stop working for several weeks.

The end result is she now has two Plusnet accounts and the domain is not showing up on either of them, but it is still registered and working.

She has decided to leave Plusnet due to all the problems and I now want to transfer the domain to my Namesco account and host her email separately so it is no longer connected to her broadband provider.

Where I've got to

I've requested a transfer to my account via Namesco, however I don't have access to the old email address I used when registering the domain, so can't respond to anything sent.

I've looked via Nominet but again I can't do anything without access to the old email.

So I need someone at Plusnet who deals with domains to find the domain and update the contact details registered to it and assist with the transfer if possible... HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Update and transfer a domain from Plusnet

Hello @mattdesign

The best way to get this sorted would be fore the account holder to give our Technical Support Team a call, they'd need to pass security on the call, provide us with the IPS Tag for your new domain host, confirm the domain name, and provide us with a contact address. The agent on the phone will then be able to raise a task with our NetOps Team in order to initiate the transfer. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mattdesign

Just rang up and spoke to Qasim, he was very helpful and has started the process off.

Hopefully all in progress now.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah great stuff! Glad that's all been sorted. Smiley

Feel free to give us a shout if yo have any further queries at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds