cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Domain Name from Plusnet

FIXED
glenury

Transferring Domain Name from Plusnet

Hi, I'm looking for some help in transferring my domain name out of Plusnet (FORCE9) to BTNAMES.  I requested the IPS tag to be changed Friday the 19th (I think) and a question was raised by the operator (Question 219774588) but nothing seems to have happened on it yet and from what I can see Nominet are still showing the IPS tag to be FORCE9.

I followed up with a request for the original email address that was used when Plusnet registered the domain for me as I think I could then facilitate the change myself through Nominet but again I've heard nothing back adn I'm starting to panic about the whole thing as the domain handles all of my business email accounts and my new business provision with BT starts Dec 3rd.

Any help greatly appreciated

11 REPLIES 11
Cityflyer

Re: Transferring Domain Name from Plusnet

No help to you, I'm afraid, but I’m in the same boat.  I was given a ticket number (INFOPS-66999) but I'm blowed if I can find how to track progress.  I don’t believe anything has happened....

glenury

@TheMightyAJ, @Gandalf sorry for the direct tag - I know this isnt how tickets are administered but I'm getting quite anxious about this and I see that you have helped with this issue in the past.  I was told that Dec 3rd my account will close and I will get no more email.  

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @glenury

Thanks a lot for reaching out. Pelase accept our apologies for the length of time it's taking to get your domain transferred out. It looks like the initial task was raised incorrectly on our end, and was therefore rejected by our NetOps Team. Ideally, the agent whom initially raised this should have followed it up.

Going forward, we need to initiate the correct process to get this sorted, so I've sent you a message on the open ticket which we'd just need you to respond to before I can raise a new task. Give me a shout on here once you've responded and I'll get it sorted. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Cityflyer

@adam945   Hi, could you have a look at mine (INFOPS-66999) if you get a moment?  Many thanks

glenury

Hi Adam, I've updated the open question as you requested with the new IPS tag, my domain and a contact address (I assumed this was an email address)

Thanks

Warwick

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Great stuff @glenury - I've just re-raised the task for you, again, please accept our apologies for not raising it property to begin with, and that it was not followed up, all sorted now, if for whatever reason it's rejected, I'll be sure to follow up. Smiley

Hey @Cityflyer, same goes for yourself unfortunately, the initial task was rejected and has not been followed up on. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused here. I've just sent you a message on the open ticket which we'd need you to respond to before I can go ahead and re-raise the task properly. Give me a shout on here once you've responded and I'll get it done.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Cityflyer

@adam945   Open question updated as requested

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Cityflyer

I can see Adam's raised a NetOps task (INFOPS-67316) and they'll transfer your domain as soon as possible, which should be within 3 working days. I've prodded a colleague in the team but they've gone home for the night. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@glenury, Your domain has been transferred, you'll just need to update the nameservers in your new host's control panel. 

@Cityflyer, Really sorry about this. There was a mix-up in the internal system we use to respond to forum posts and due to a mistake (@adam945 Roll_eyes) your account reference was put on @glenury's profile, which made me believe the task INFOPS-67316 was for your domain but looking at your account now, I can see we've not yet raised a task.

We've corrected the account reference and I've now raised your domain transfer request under ref INFOPS-67513

We'll transfer your domain as soon as we can but this may not be until next week. I've prodded a colleague though in the NetOps team to try to get this prioritised but I can't make a promise I can. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cityflyer

@Gandalf   OK, thanks for keeping an eye on this frustrating process.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Cityflyer 

We've transferred your domain to your new provider now.

You'll need to change the nameservers through their portal or by contacting them.

Let me know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet