cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer domain out

nextra
Hooked

Transfer domain out

Saw a few other people had requested their IPSTAG be changed here by messaging mods, hoping I can get 1AND1 set on lowband if that’s possible, thanks!

I really do miss the old ticket system, I’m one of those people just uncomfortable talking to people on phones 😑

9 REPLIES 9
beta_tester
Dabbler

Re: Transfer domain out

Hi - did you ever get a response to this? I've tried getting my IPSTAG changed last week. I messaged different support guys on here and phoned up and spoke to customer services, but had no response yet. Meanwhile I am paying for hosting elsewhere and not using it.

Plusnet really are going downhill rapidly.
nextra
Hooked

No followup, no @beta_tester.

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@nextra @beta_tester 

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers - escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, but hopefully the IPSTAG change requests will now be actioned as soon as feasible.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
nextra
Hooked

Thanks @Penny - is it likely to show in domain account management once set?

nextra
Hooked

Gentle bump, that this is still pending…

‘IONOS is not yet entered as the registrar for this domain. Please contact your previous provider and have them change the domain's IPS tag to 1AND1. You can then start the domain transfer to IONOS.’

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@nextra wrote:

Gentle bump, that this is still pending…

Sorry to learn that this hasn't been actioned - have relayed this on the thread where it was escalated previously. Hopefully that might get it in front of whoever deals with such things. Re your question re 'domain account management', I don't know whether it would appear there once set - this isn't something I have experience of using, so you might need someone more technical to comment on that.

Either way I would hope one of the support team will let you know as soon as the IPSTAG is updated.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I don't think it will show in the Plusnet domain management but it should show in a 'whois' lookup

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nextra
Hooked

Just to update on progress, I got impatient and called PlusNet support last Thursday morning, it went OK though I think someone had missed their coffee when they started reading out my email addresses as domains…

But we got passed that and a support ticket (the kind customers used to be able to make ourselves) was raised to get that done.

It’s still sat there with no ticket progress and no changes on the domain. I feel bad for IONOS since I started a transfer with them over 6 weeks ago and it’s just sat waiting for force9 to be updated.

I’m going to give it to the end of the week before I send Nominet a complaint about PlusNet failing their ‘B.1.5’ part of the registrar charter: ‘act promptly on reasonable requests from Registrants to make changes to their domain name registration’.

If no one else was posting about domain transfers I’d think it was just bad timing but it seems PlusNet is going to get itself into a funk if they don’t start responding to users needing to manage the services PlusNet host.

beta_tester
Dabbler

Hi there - I ended up having to make a complaint through @Buttercup as my ticket was left idle. Eventually this was actioned (2 weeks after I logged it). I have now left Plusnet and moved to Zen Internet. Unfortunately this was the last straw in a long list of issues.😞