cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping over from Sky and landline potential issue

tessie31082

Swapping over from Sky and landline potential issue

Hi!

I am changing over to plusnet on the 14th if I get the router in time!

I am changing from Sky after 19 years. They have sent me a letter to say that because I haven't specifically cancelled my 'talk' package my line will be terminated within 30 days if my new supplier doesn't take it over. With Plusnet there is no landline/talk package so does this matter or will my incoming BT Openreach line be cancelled by Sky and I'll have to ask Plusnet to re-set it up to get my broadband?

Thanks

Tessie

4 REPLIES 4
markhawkin
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Swapping over from Sky and landline potential issue

Yo don't need to do anything, your router will surn up a day or so before the Plusnet service should start (I assume they are both either phone line or fibre delivered).

If you want to keep the old landline number, pick a competent VoIP provider (Andrews & Arnold have generally good reviews for this but other UK based providers should be OK) and book a number port for a day or two after your Plusnet service goes live.  

I am the satisfied customer....
mystreet1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

You should have 30 days to transfer the number. But as @markhawkin states, do it as soon as possible.

Have been a member for years, but cannot find my login details and when requested a PW reset, goes round in circles, hence new account.
tessie31082

Hi, thanks for replying.

So even though I am not having a landline anymore (I don't even have a landline telephone) I still need to tell Sky I want to cancel my talk package so that the broadband 'line' stays active for my new service from Plusnet?

Thanks

mystreet1
Grafter
Fixes: 1

No, Plusnet arranges the 'new' line into your house. They contact Sky to state that they are taking over the BB service. This will automatically cancel your Sky contract, BB and phone line.

Have been a member for years, but cannot find my login details and when requested a PW reset, goes round in circles, hence new account.