Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still experiencing FTP issues ...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Still experiencing FTP issues ...

@dougle25, if you message me your account username then I'll take a look. I'm not aware of any widespread issues though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

steed
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have started to experience FTP issues.

Both yesterday and today I cannot upload to my webspace.

I can log in and see the directory of my current files, but when I try to upload a file it starts but only gets to around 30% - 40% and then I get the error message:

! Send error: connection reset
Transmitted 43520 bytes in 296.2 sec, [1469.50 bps], transfer failed

The file is only 83KB so it is not even a big file.

I have turned off the firewall, virus protection and malware protection, but this doesn't make a difference. Still will not upload.

However it will upload a small file size of a few KB.

Anyone have an idea if it is something on my end, or with PlusNet?

Thanks

Not sure if this could be related, but I am also sometimes having trouble uploading a receipt to one of the cashback websites that only started yesterday as well. But this is using my tablet rather than PC.

I have tested my broadband speed and getting 12Mb download and 1Mb upload.

pizzaman68

Hi I am having similar issues. All was working fine until the last few days when trying to upload files usinfg ftp through dreamweaver the uploads are timing out.  This is happening to several different servers including 1and1.  Nothing has changed from my end and I have disabled antivirus and firewall and rebooted the plusnet equipment several times.  Every now and then it uploads really quickly but more often than not it is just timing out.  What is going on?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Possibly not relevant but I hit major problems with ftp to 1&1 because they changed the server from ftp to sftp without telling me

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@pizzaman68, I've made some routing changes to your connection at this side. Can you try again and let me know if it's helped?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pizzaman68

Thank you, I will give it a go tonight and let you know.  

pizzaman68

Hi Bob

I'm not sure what you did but everything seems to be back on track and working just like it used to.  Any clues as to what was causing it?

Many thanks for your help

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@pizzaman68, I have just reverted the change I made to your account because I believe the underlying issue to be fixed. Can you please let me know if the problem resurfaces?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

pizzaman68

Hi Bob

I've just realised how little I upload files via the ftp.  The same problem is happening again.  I must apologise for not having testing this after you had put things back to the way they were.  If you could make the changes again I WILL get off my backside and test it properly this time.  The issues I am experiencing are exactly as they were quite some time ago. Many thanks