Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static ip switched to dynamic

FIXED
Saurbaum
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Static ip switched to dynamic

My static ip address appears to have been switched to a dynamic one and it wont let me change it back to a static address.

Is there any way to tell from the plusnet website what my ipaddress actually is as I'm away from home at the moment attempting to connect back in to my server?

16 REPLIES 16
mszune
Grafter

Re: Static ip switched to dynamic

Hi There, log into your account select broadband and then configure static IP, your Static IP address should be listed.

If on the other hand you think your IP has reverted back to a dynamic IP it should say so in Connection details.

Tags (1)
Saurbaum
Dabbler

I'm sure it's switched to dynamic because it says so on the account page and I can't access via the IP address it should be on.

The button to switch to static does nothing and I can see no way to find out from the site what the IP address is when it's been reverted to dynamic.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Saurbaum, thanks for getting in touch. I can confirm when looking over your connection this side that the static IP address still looks to be in place and the current IP address we can see you have looks to be the same as it has been for at least the last 30 days. Can I ask, what makes you think the IP address has changed?

Saurbaum
Dabbler

That nothing I can do to access any of the services I'm running works. I can get in via Google home to check it's all online and running but getting in from the outside isn't working like it has for years.
Saurbaum
Dabbler

That and when I go to my account on your site it says that it is dynamic and the button to setup static does nothing.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Saurbaum 

Do you know what your IP address is/has been in the past? Have you not checked whether it’s changed? Just Google: What’s my IP address.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Saurbaum
Dabbler

That would indeed tell me what the IP address is where I am. The problem is I'm not at home.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Saurbaum 

So all that you know is that you can’t access a remote location? Why assume that it’s an IP address issue when so many things might have failed at the remote location?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Saurbaum
Dabbler

Because as I keep saying. When I sign into the Plusnet account site it says I'm on a dynamic IP address.

I can access my Google home setup which means the internet connection is up and I can see the server is online with port forwarding still configured for it.
Saurbaum
Dabbler

Saurbaum
Dabbler

@BD Can you send me a private message with what you think my IP address is at the moment?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Saurbaum 

I've had a look into this for you and you are definitely on a static IP still.

Your account's not showing this likely because how we added it on long ago (to be precise, 2006-08-28 21:00:50)

The static IP isn't an "Add-On" as such you paid £5 to have, we gave you it free of charge so it was added a different way. 

I've dropped you an email to confirm what your static IP is. I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Saurbaum
Dabbler

Fix

Thanks for trying I'll start the process of moving my ISP thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @Saurbaum 

I'm sorry to see you're wanting to leave us. May I ask why? You are on a static IP, we've made no changes. Huh

The issues you're having suggest to be something different and not something we've done? 

If you can provide more detail about the setup you have and what you're trying to do then someone may be able to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet