cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP changed to Dynamic after service change

MitchellB

Static IP changed to Dynamic after service change

Hi, 

I've moved properties and had my contract upgraded to a fibre connection, however my static IP hasn't followed me over to the new connection despite it still being switched on in my add-ins. I've bounced my router a couple of times in the last week (last time was earlier this morning) but that hasn't resolved anything.

Will I need to remove and re-add the add-in to get it working again, and will this incur a cost?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Static IP changed to Dynamic after service change

Hi @MitchellB

I'm really sorry to see your static IP didn't transfer across after moving house. 

From what I can see it looks like it was stuck in our system, and I've had to battle the system to get it working, but I got there in the end. Unfortunately, it's not the same static IP as I had add a new one. Three times actually, if at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. I've added a credit to cover the one-off charges you'll see on your next bill. 

If you'd like your previous static IP back, let me know and I'll see what I can do, but I can't guarantee it'll be possible. 

In the meantime, if you reboot your router you should see you have a static IP beginning with 84.92.##.###

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MitchellB

Morning @Gandalf 

No problem at all! I've restarted the router and can see that IP address now. Thanks for resolving it so quickly for me, and I'm happy to keep this one.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for the update @MitchellB

Awesome, sounds good. 

If you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet